Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

stepping up!

rstaichi

Silverstone
Good evening everyone, well it's with great sadness that i'm thinking of saying goodbye to my little red pocket rocket! Had heaps of fun with her over the last few months and she hasn't wanted for anything, i've totally spoilt this lady, my missis says she's my other woman :what:
Okay down to the serious stuff, i'm not quite sure where to price the car in today's market? Looking at 993's that are for sale on the internet (ebay etc) with the same spec as mine don't seem as good car as mine.
So i would like some advice please as i'm in the dark really

well I think we (Zingari) in particular would need more information than that ....... so it's red ...... and a 993 ...... so far so good ...... lol

rstaichi said:
Good evening everyone, well it's with great sadness that i'm thinking of saying goodbye to my little red pocket rocket! Had heaps of fun with her over the last few months and she hasn't wanted for anything, i've totally spoilt this lady, my missis says she's my other woman :what:
Okay down to the serious stuff, i'm not quite sure where to price the car in today's market? Looking at 993's that are for sale on the internet (ebay etc) with the same spec as mine don't seem as good car as mine.

Have you considered calling one of the independent dealers? There are several who will give you an idea of the trade price at least. Then its down to you to decide how much over that you'd want to ask for the 'pleasure' of dealing with the public, or if you'd prefer simply to sell to the trade. If you haven't owned it for long (a few months?), then similar to what you paid is probably a good enough place to start. Adjust down if you bought from a dealer. I don't think many models have appreciated in the last year, in case that's what's on your mind.

Good luck!

madalaa said:
well I think we (Zingari) in particular would need more information than that ....... so it's red ...... and a 993 ...... so far so good ...... lol

I thought the Zingers algorithm was along the lines of:

is it an S?
Yes ==> 30 bags
No ==> 25 bags

1995 Guards red C2 narrow body Tip s
96'000 miles
Great history from day one with fsh with fresh major service
Uprated sound system & cliford Security
New headlights
New break disks and pads
Just had a health check at COG and came out very good

rstaichi said:
i'm not quite sure where to price the car in today's market? Looking at 993's that are for sale on the internet (ebay etc) with the same spec as mine don't seem as good car as mine.

If Jonttt magics up a number then take 40% off and your there or thereabouts :thumb:

George Eaton can pitch a little low but gets lots of interest :what:

If it's any good then an advert on here with some detail will sell it. 911v are interested in good cars. I'll buy at the right price although I'm likely to move out of air cooled by the end of this year :eek:

If it's over 100k on the clock prospective Illuminati members will be hesitant

rstaichi said:
New break disks and pads

If the Brakes really are broken, i'd definitely get them sorted before advertising. :grin:

C.

RPM have a 123k '95M C2 in black pearl with 'suicide' Savanah hardbacks for 47 bags :roll:

:eek: Or go for the '96P 3.8 C2 with 137k miles for 64 bags - Reserved :roll:

Gives you an idea of some dealer pricing variations

Zingari said:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Zingari said:
RPM have a 123k '95M C2 in black pearl with 'suicide' Savanah hardbacks for 47 bags :roll:

:eek: Or go for the '96P 3.8 C2 with 137k miles for 64 bags - Reserved :roll:

Gives you an idea of some dealer pricing variations

Both Manual cars.

C.

What do you fancy stepping up to? Anything on the radar? If there is maybe a p/x deal would be the least stress... 911V and other Indy's i'm sure would be wanting good 993's in...drop them a line they'll give you an idea of what's realistic in the current climate :thumb: GLWTS.

Thanks for all the info guys, i shall put a advert up on here also i'll be at Lotherton hall on the 23rd and Silverstone classic on the 30th in the PCGB arena where the car will be on view. I'm looking at getting into a Gt3 car so i'll be sticking around here still :thumb:

My dough would be on the yellow Cayman GTS RPM have for sale. Owned by a PHer who has stepped up to a GT4.

The red GTS they have is reserved and must have had nearly all options ticked :grin:

For reference Paul Stephens have just advertised a Tip Coupe with 90k miles at £39,995. Border Reivers have a Tip Coupe with 80k miles at £44,999.
These should offer an indication of where the market is at for Trade cars. ;)

C.

Zingari said:
rstaichi said:
i'm not quite sure where to price the car in today's market? Looking at 993's that are for sale on the internet (ebay etc) with the same spec as mine don't seem as good car as mine.

If Jonttt magics up a number then take 40% off and your there or thereabouts :thumb:

:hand: Its not a Wide Body so that accounts for the 40% price differential :thumb:

And I think the George Eaton resale market to a GT4 has been exhausted :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back