Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo Template

AslanC2S

Trainee
Hi all,

New to this forum and Porsche ownership. Picked up my 2005 C2S a few weeks ago and loving every second of it.

Lots of good info on here so I've been doing a lot of reading.

I was just wondering is anybody had a template of shaping a 1.5" pipe for doing the gundo hack.

Cheers

The new motor below.

Attachments

• porsche_small_155.jpg
    porsche_small_155.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 3,484
Nice looking car, black wheels go well with silver :thumb:

Plenty people have done the gundo hack so sure someone will be along shortly with some info!

Welcome to the forum.

Straight to Gundo, nice move.

I'm also seriously considering it now, having heard a fellow forum members today. (Thanks cliffbase)

A Template would be useful.

James

Welcome James, was good to meet you, your car is a credit to you :thumb:

Sadly i dont have a template, but depending on which way you want to do it, if you do the outside tube like i did its easy enough to trim the new pipe & measure it up to draw an outline.

If not, depending on pipe size, (lets say 1.5") measure across your pipe & mark centrally 1.5" then adjust a simple torch beam to that measurement & draw around the oval.

If welded using a mig & Argon then any little gaps can be bridged very easily.

Cliff

Attachments

• hack_3_540.png
    hack_3_540.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 3,396
  • hack_4_163.png
    hack_4_163.png
    574.8 KB · Views: 3,396
Cheers guys,

I think I will do the conventional inlet to outlet bypass. Anybody got any ideas on the different sounds the 2 types of bypass have?

Thanks

The best sounding gundo I have heard used a 1.75" pipe the forum member who's car it is did do a lot of research before going with that size :thumb: :thumb:

I used Pauls Car Welding to get mine done.

He came to my drive parked up, done the job quickly and it made a huge difference.

I think the price is fair about £20- and-something.

AslanC2S said:
Hi all,

New to this forum and Porsche ownership. Picked up my 2005 C2S a few weeks ago and loving every second of it.

I was just wondering is anybody had a template of shaping a 1.5" pipe for doing the gundo hack.

Cheers

The new motor below.

Lovely car - congrats. Love the black wheels with the silver - they really work. I like the Carrera S decal on the side to - very subtle but looks cool.

Mine booked in for the Hack with Paul (he seems to do them all) in about 4 weeks - he's booked up solid. Cant wait :grin:

Enjoy

Dan

911DG said:
AslanC2S said:
Hi all,

Cheers

The new motor below.

Lovely car - congrats. Love the black wheels with the silver - they really work. I like the Carrera S decal on the side to - very subtle but looks cool.

Mine booked in for the Hack with Paul (he seems to do them all) in about 4 weeks - he's booked up solid. Cant wait :grin:

Enjoy

Dan

Cheers,

The car is actually Seal Grey. Love the colour.

Good luck with the Gundo. Cant wait to get mine sorted.

Al

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back