Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991.2 TurboS Cab order

BishBosh

Hello to all on this forum.
Been lurking around here for a few weeks and post a little on PH and from there arrived here. :)

Had several Porsche's over the years and seem to gravitate my way back to them in one way or the other.
Started out with a fondly remembered 944 Turbo S back in 1992, most recently a great little 981 Boxter GTS. This went and for a brief period had a McLaren 650s Spider which has now made way for the 991.2 TurboS Cab.

Arriving in the next 4 weeks and sooooo looking forward to it.

Spec is Carmine Red with black gloss Aero Kit along with black high gloss air intakes, lower mirror trims, and a few other extras like Porsche entry & Drive, front axle lift, carbon steering wheel, carbon sill guards and burmester.

Looking at some of the awesome specs of cars on here there maybe a few others I should have put in there but too late now. Most of all will be hoping for lots of chat and info regarding these great machines.

Cheers all. Mark

:welcome:

Sounds like a pretty amazing car on its way to you!
Look forward to the pics.
:envy:
Paul

sideways said:

Sounds like a pretty amazing car on its way to you!
Look forward to the pics.
:envy:
Paul

:thumb: Hi Paul, my first 911 too.

Hi Mark.
That will be a fantastic looking car. Carmine red is beautiful.

I picked up my 991TT S in march. Just come back from a great road trip to Monaco, all run in now.
After the 650S you will not be disappointed with the TT S Performance.

Also the ride is much better than the 991tt Gen 1, and almost on a par with the 650S.
Hopefully the sun will return for you at pick up.

Panther991T said:
Hi Mark.
That will be a fantastic looking car. Carmine red is beautiful.

I picked up my 991TT S in march. Just come back from a great road trip to Monaco, all run in now.
After the 650S you will not be disappointed with the TT S Performance.

Also the ride is much better than the 991tt Gen 1, and almost on a par with the 650S.
Hopefully the sun will return for you at pick up.

Thanks for the positive info, good to hear the performance is right up there!!! Although I might be able to use the 991 a little more as in the Mac it was so sensitive to damp it was just silly at times and scared me too. Also whilst I did love having the Mac every time I took it out the attention it got was verging on ridiculous. Sometimes we were waiting for 10-15 mins before we could get in the car and drive off.
Definitely looking at a few more euro trips in the 991, love going to Epernay and southern Germany. :)

Lots ordering Carmine Red...the new Guards Red :dont know:

Look forward to pics, in the meantime, you can put some 650S pics up :worship:

:thumb:

BishBosh said:

I like that you started at the top and plan to work your way downwards!
:grin:

Hi Mark, you found your way over here then! A bit quieter than PH but often a different perspective and less 'politics'. Ha.

Anyway, that car is going to look spectacular - there's not many Carmine Turbo's so looking forward to seeing this!

HSC911 said:

Lots ordering Carmine Red...the new Guards Red :dont know:

Look forward to pics, in the meantime, you can put some 650S pics up :worship:

Hi HSC911,

As asked here's the 650s:

sideways said:
BishBosh said:

I like that you started at the top and plan to work your way downwards!
:grin:

Lol, depending on how Palmball's car compares to my TTs you may not be far off the mark....

Palmball said:
Hi Mark, you found your way over here then! A bit quieter than PH but often a different perspective and less 'politics'. Ha.

Anyway, that car is going to look spectacular - there's not many Carmine Turbo's so looking forward to seeing this!

I like quieter...and a little more enthusiasm for the brand.

The McLaren lot are a really great bunch of car fans, made a few friends over on the Facebook site and well worth visiting if you have one. Looking forward to the Silverstone Classic where there should be in excess of 100 McLarens in attendance. If my TTs is here by then I'll be going in that otherwise it's the i3!!!!

HSC911 said:
BishBosh said:
As asked here's the 650s:

Absolutely stunning :worship:

Thank you :flowers:

:mrgreen:

Just had the nod for a 10 day countdown.

Advised the OP not to fit the front number plate - tick
Advised not to clean/wash the car prior to collection- tick
Booked detailers slot - tick
Registered with Porsche Connected - tick
Getting Insurance quotes lined up - tick
Divest some investments to pay for the car :sad: - tick
Cleaned out a space in the garage - tick

Anything else I'm missing? lol :D

BishBosh said:
Anything else I'm missing? lol :D

1) Full tank of V Power
2) Pick up HSC911 and take for a spirited drive

:floor:

Hoping to have got this thing this week.... read somewhere there are delays in shipping the 911's from the port. Dealer is keeping stum and not telling me any thing other than it seems a bit strange to be sitting there this long.

It's either someones dinked it or there is a recall on something?

Anyone more the wiser?

Cheers Mark

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back