Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 4
997 : 2004- 69
996 : 1997-2005 47
993 : 1993-1998 8
964 : 1989-1993 1
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 17
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 12
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 6
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoot wrote:
Desert Dragon wrote:
Locked down spec on our 991 turbo S cab yesterday. Nov build with Jan delivery. thumbsup

Quite a bit of of the exclusive options don't show up on the configurator. Last thing waiting for is whether Porsche will give us the extra bit of power they have given to the 500 exclusive turbo s

PJZPRGH8

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/

Fab specs and look forward to seeing the pics when it arrives.

thumbsup

Norfolk & Idea
Österreich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dragon wrote:
Locked down spec on our 991 turbo S cab yesterday. Nov build with Jan delivery. thumbsup

Quite a bit of of the exclusive options don't show up on the configurator. Last thing waiting for is whether Porsche will give us the extra bit of power they have given to the 500 exclusive turbo s

PJZPRGH8

Wow! Stunning!

Will you be exposing that masterpiece to the brown salty crud that January gifts us with?? Noooooooooo........ nooo
2008 Vito Sport- Household Star!

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk & Idea wrote:
Desert Dragon wrote:

PJZPRGH8

Wow! Stunning!

Will you be exposing that masterpiece to the brown salty crud that January gifts us with?? Noooooooooo........ nooo

Hi Buddy hope you're well.

Its SWMBO's car so whilst I'm sure she may let me have a go in it she's already very protective of her current 997.2 C4S cab which has only covered 22000 miles since 2009. It doesn't see the rain often and I expect the same with the turbo S. Treats all her cars like Fezzas. Doesn't even like taking her hatchback or SUV out in the rain Grin

BishBosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dragon wrote:

PJZPRGH8

A lot of nice leather options in there Smile, I didn't really go for these but went for the exterior stuff like aero pack and lifter. A lot seem to be going for the aero but your not one of them... Any reason for that? Lovely car though..it's a hard time waiting. nooo

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BishBosh wrote:
Desert Dragon wrote:

PJZPRGH8

A lot of nice leather options in there Smile, I didn't really go for these but went for the exterior stuff like aero pack and lifter. A lot seem to be going for the aero but your not one of them... Any reason for that? Lovely car though..it's a hard time waiting. nooo

Front lift. The front lip folds up electrically so not really needed I do not think? If other owners think its a must let me know as we can still add to spec for a few days.

Aerokit. I suppose its subjective and 991 hardly the prettiest 911 with all its intake vents but think it looks a little bit better without additional spoilers and easier to clean! The interior is hopefully going to be quite nice for a Porsche Smile

BishBosh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dragon wrote:

Front lift. The front lip folds up electrically so not really needed I do not think? If other owners think its a must let me know as we can still add to spec for a few days.

Aerokit. I suppose its subjective and 991 hardly the prettiest 911 with all its intake vents but think it looks a little bit better without additional spoilers and easier to clean! The interior is hopefully going to be quite nice for a Porsche Smile

I have a steep bump on my drive and even my van catches if I'm not at the right angle. Feeling like I should have done aa bit more to mine inside...too late now. Wink

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BishBosh wrote:
Desert Dragon wrote:

I have a steep bump on my drive and even my van catches if I'm not at the right angle. Feeling like I should have done aa bit more to mine inside...too late now. Wink

I wouldn't worry about it. Cost a fortune!

BishBosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collection day on Saturday. thumbsup

The car connect app is all set up allowing me to control and view certain functions which is great considering I've not even seen it yet...I can see its at Reading and 11 miles on the clock with a full tank of fuel. Can't wait....

IMG_1041.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  773.46 KB
 Viewed:  1132 Time(s)

IMG_1041.PNG

911_AS
Hockenheim

2010 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BishBosh wrote:

The car connect app is all set up allowing me to control and view certain functions which is great considering I've not even seen it yet...I can see its at Reading and 11 miles on the clock with a full tank of fuel. Can't wait....

Now that is cool! I bet Saturday cannot come quick enough. Congrats on the car, and definitely upload some high quality photos when you can.

Naturally Aspiring.

scoot
Monza

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BishBosh wrote:

The days must be dragging for you waiting till Saturday. I would be tempted to mess around with the remote functions Very Happy

BishBosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911_AS wrote:

Now that is cool! I bet Saturday cannot come quick enough. Congrats on the car, and definitely upload some high quality photos when you can.

Will try my best. Cool

scoot wrote:

The days must be dragging for you waiting till Saturday. I would be tempted to mess around with the remote functions Very Happy

Very tempting. Lol...
Just had notification on the app that it's moved from Reading and now at the dealer. No miles added so must have been on the back of a truck.
Dealer was a little surprised when I called them said the car was there and asked for some pictures to be emailed!!

BishBosh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car has been collected. Not had it washed/cleaned or the wrapping removed so a little limited on how it looks at the moment .

Very nice to drive back from London. Managed to secure some coffee cups which are just now being put to good use before I take some time with my new toy. Key covers were brought off ebay for £12 each, they look and fit perfect so very happy with them.

Here is a taster, more later.
Very Happy

IMG_1098.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.35 KB
 Viewed:  970 Time(s)

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  313.35 KB
 Viewed:  970 Time(s)

IMG_1108.JPG

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lovely. Great colour thumbsup

BishBosh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dragon wrote:
Looks lovely. Great colour thumbsup

Smile Thanks.

Collection from OPC. No front plate and no cleaning or removal of protective film. They said it was the dirtiest car they have sold just as asked for. Grin

[/img]

Took it out over the weekend. Today it is being detailed and front end PPf.

HSC911
Sepang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so nice it is making me do a sex wee Laughing

worship

BishBosh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSC911 wrote:
That's so nice it is making me do a sex wee Laughing

worship

Lol, just waiting to get it back from the detailers later this week so I can get some really nice pictures. Thumb

BishBosh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having collected the car from OPC and tasted it for a day before it went off for a bit of PPF and detail I didn't really get to try it out.

This morning had another collection from the detailers and very happy to say they have done a fantastic job. The car looks stunning now all the factory protection is off and the car cleaned very carefully by the professionals.

Having driven the car now for best part of 200 miles I can safely say its meeting all my expectations and allaying a few worries I had.

First of all the spec. After seeing various cars with all sorts of spec I was worried I had not added enough leather to the inside, this is proving unfounded as it is a very nice high quality feel with the standard options.

The carbon fibre trim lifts it to a level I'm happy with in this type of car and not having leather here there and everywhere is fine by me, there is a leather strip running across the front of the dash which gives it just enough to make it not look cheap.

The carbon fibre trimmed steering wheel (which was an extra) is just so nice to see and use, it feels suprisingly very grippy in the hand and the leather parts are nice and comfy where it changes from one to the other. The heated part is very quick, i'm going to like this come winter.

18 way adjustable seats are really comfortable with adjustment to the side bolsters and legs makes setting this up just about perfect, locked into a key setting with comfort entry/exit makes getting in and out then just driving without further adjustment very simple.

The keyless function seems weird in that there isn't a button to press but a fixed switch that you turn, I'm still getting used to not taking the key out every time to lock/ unlock the car.

The sound system is definitely worth my money...wow. The only downside I can think of is it's not so good when on a low volume setting, turn up the volume and its just fantastic, the base gets very intense without distortion. I think it will take a few weeks to fully run in the speakers and maybe the quieter sounds will come through better. I thought there would be more adjustment in the settings.

Driving the car is just getting better each time. I really wanted the GTS farty loud sport type exhaust I had in my 981 boxer GTS or something like the R8 but this car just doesn't need it. It does make a very deep sound when starting and sounds more like deep throaty noise, it can do overrun burps and when they come its more like a quieter V8 sound I used to get in a Merc AMG.

The best though is the utter speed of the car in any gear, at any revs it seems to pick up much quicker than my 650s. The turbo noise when coming off the throttle is quite cool too. I can just pootle along quite happy leaving plenty of gap between the car in front then prod the throttle and I'm past. No drama no mess just a surprised look on the face of the car I'm overtaking. It feels so much more solid, safe and easy to handle whereas the 650s just felt like it would kill me.

The looks are just a few notches down from 650s but all the better for it. Such a low wide stance and presence, there is no need to drive quick so there is no need to push it all the time, however down the back roads it feels un shakeable and i feel in total control. This is why I went for the cabriolet.

Putting the roof up and down at up to 30mph is very quick, looks awesome when its doing it and with the wind deflector up the cabin is very calm and noise free, open top motoring at it's best. Thumb

I am so pleased I got the contrasting high gloss black aero kit as it really does make the car stand out just that little bit more. Knowing what this car can do I'm more than happy with it not standing out so much as the McLaren but those in the know can appreciate its a 911 turbo S.

Blooming Brilliant... thumbsup

I shall look forward to my PEC day as I can hopefully translate some of the experience right from my car into theirs to get a better feel for the speed and handling.

weejimmy
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.

My dad taught me that "there is always someone with better toys than you".

He was right! Thumb

BishBosh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weejimmy wrote:
Very nice.

He was right! Thumb

Haha, dont look at me bud...my dad said aim for the stars my son and you may get to the top of the tree.
I feel like i'm still snuffling around the roots!!

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BishBosh wrote:
weejimmy wrote:
Very nice.

He was right! Thumb

Haha, dont look at me bud...my dad said aim for the stars my son and you may get to the top of the tree.
I feel like i'm still snuffling around the roots!!

You obviously found Jack's giant bean stalk if you're still at the roots Wink

Maybe think about trying out a VMAX type event?

http://www.vmax200.com/events/hypermax-2/

Interesting I hadn't appreciated you chopped the 650 S in for one of these. Your turbo looks amazing Mr. Green

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: