Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Got the Beastie back - and its got some attention !!

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
Got Black beauty back today after, have a full service and all recommendations carried out to make the car perfect underneath as it is to the eye outside (Screwed my nose up at the Gulf Orange Gen2 Turbo, mines better !!)

Nice to know a 997.1 Turbo manual in exquisite condition is super desirable, as I have the dealer and a few others after it !!

Even though it was mint I still had to machine polish and Dodo juice before it was put away. I have missed it, but I have had some great offers so who knows!!

A few pictures (first I like the reflection)

Still in turmoil on what to do !!

:thumbs: [/img]

In the best colour too.

Can you tell me more about the machine polish process please?

It's the most photographed car on here :lol:

Keep it :thumb:

Keep it, you'll regret selling that the minute you hand the keys over...

Looks stunning btw... as usual :)

AdeD said:

+1

Boba fett said:
Thanks guys....

....Fvck what to do..... :?:
You will do the right thing.
It's just too good to let it go - maybe you should stop buffing it and let the birds poo on it if you want to start falling out of love with it!
Hide some old smelly food under the passenger seat and buy four space saver wheels to run it round on up to its new top speed of 40mph. Yes, that may help your predicament.

Boba fett said:
Thanks guys....

Boba , Keep it and flog the 2 a penny beemer mate, what are you hankering after next thats better than the everyday turbo . :?: unless a GT car is in your sights then maybe flog it lol.

Keep, epic car, looks stunning, you are not sure so keep it until 100% sure.

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
Thanks guys....

Boba , Keep it and flog the 2 a penny beemer mate, what are you hankering after next thats better than the everyday turbo . :?: unless a GT car is in your sights then maybe flog it lol.

The BM is the much rarer car would you believe :thumb: and the more fun to drive to be honest, with its drifting and noise :grin:

No where near as fast, and scalpel like, but more fun :?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that turbo is filth!

My offer of a temporary trade still stands if you want to see what life is like without a tubby :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
Thanks guys....

The BM is the much rarer car would you believe :thumb: and the more fun to drive to be honest, with its drifting and noise :grin:

No where near as fast, and scalpel like, but more fun :?

I do know what your saying mate re fun , its not just about outright speed but the way the power is delivered can make a car so much fun to drive. I guess thats why Beemers in various guises are so popular.
The reality of you dilemma must be that the 911 shape looks so special, it has great heritage etc and is such a reliable rewarding car to drive , I genuinely cannot think of anything else that can offer all those.
no disputing Astons are special and look great and have similar iconic heritage but my DB9 was not as rewarding to drive as a 911 and when it came to running costs was silly money and a constant drain which the 911 is not.
Italians again come with great pedigree and presence, but are let down when it comes to usability ,reliability and costs.
Jags just lose money big time but sound superb.
most Jap cars are reliable reasonable to buy but lack the special-ness

things like cobras, yank tanks, and atoms etc can be fun but you need to really love them to want one.

Bloody difficult one mate compounded by the fact you have a car that's increasing in value which is almost unheard of in a modern car and must add to the love factor . maybe buy a speed boat and try to scratch the itch that way. as speed on water is a totally different grin factor. :grin: :thumb:

Maybe this is a bit out there, but how about a used 911 race car?

They usually come with a container of spares, a stack of slicks and a smelly race seat, but for serious driving, nothing gets close to a proper caged race car with wide track, lumpy cam and harnesses. Corners that you might have taken flat now need a lift...

All you need is a Cayenne diesel with a tow bar, a trailer, a garage, and a mate/handy mechanic, and you will find a way to raise your adrenalin levels.

I was actually considering this route with a pal a couple of years ago, we were watching ex race 997s from Germany on the 'net, not crazy prices for cars with just a couple of hundred hours on the engine, but already obsolete as the 991s were already out from the factory.

Keep it. There is nothing available beter for less than twice the money!

You can deal with the "itch feet" issue with other toys, such as the yellow beemer (or the s/c VXR8 I just bought), that are interchangeable with your most prevalent whims.

A highly polished well sorted Mezer manual turbo is currently worth it weight on gold!

Attachments

• img_1134_825.jpg
    img_1134_825.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 5,048
AdeD said:

+1 Bobba..... you know there isn't much out there to take its place and it is a thing of beauty mate , is there any paint thickness left on her by now ? What a skin on there !!

Keep it..... don't let a stealer have it , there are plenty of willing buyers on here even if you do come to sell it .....

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back