Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carbon Cleaning - Worth it?

CarpeDiem

Has anyone tried carbon cleaning their engine before? On a friend's recommendation I gave it a go, and I think I'm convinced it's the real deal. My car seems to be running smoother, feels less bumpy and is accelerating better. I'm looking forward to better miles per gallon. Quick and easy too.

<Link removed by site moderator>

Curious to hear other people's experiences.

:floor: Joined today (no profile) - makes one post plugging a service.

Looks like a shill to me. :evil:

We all know these snake oil solutions are a waste of money.

:welcome: to 911uk CarpeDiem

An intro about yourself and your 911 would be nice.

Anyone fancy some....

Attachments

• spam_classic_101.png
    spam_classic_101.png
    305.2 KB · Views: 5,678
I had it done on my previous car and noticed no difference whatsoever.

I thought it was rubbish.

.......spam and eggs ....... great breakfast ....... and it is certainly an under rated tinned meat product ....... there is so much one can do with tinned spam ....... even leave it in the tin and lob it a some gits head ....... which in this case might be appropriate ....... :)

There seems to be 2 types one uses just water to create hydrogen this burns in the engine hotter than petrol and burns off the carbon deposits .
I had the version of this called hydroflow done while I was at Topgear exhausts .
I must say I felt the engine ran better and my MPG increased noticeably.
Topgear did a huge amount of research on this subject before choosing the Hydroflow system and with all things I am sure there are good and bad makes of this type of product the Hydroflow retails at £150 per car so if your getting offered it for £50 or the like chances are its a cheaper system and with that you take pot luck . I can confirm that the hydroflow system did no damage to my engine and a few days after getting it done I did a 1000 mile trip to Dinslaken
I realise that a good long run will improve your ave MPG but mine improved before I left by 3 mpg and by the time I had done the trip to dinslaken my ave mpg had improved by 9mpg this is not a reset for the trip ave its an ave from many thousands of miles of driving .

The other system uses water and a chemical after much trialling topgear decided this was not for them as the chemical residue left in the engine caused parts to corrode prematurely.

This is my review after having actually had my engine done and not an IMO by someone who has not tried it and with no facts type reply.

Hope that helps anyone considering this type of service .
PS I have no idea of the type of system the OP had tried or if it was a scam retailer post I will leave the Mods to decide on that lol. :thumb:

No need to pay anyone to do it, just have your engine suck up some water. Look at how clean the internals of engines with headgasket failure are.

I did it once on a Corrado VR6, did seem to run better and loads of crap came out of the tailpipe.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=decarbonizing+engine+with+water

Not done it on my 996....

???? Get too much water in and you will hydraulic seize your engine and it will be a complete write off.

maldren said:
???? Get too much water in and you will hydraulic seize your engine and it will be a complete write off.

Yep, you only do tiny amounts at once usually with a spray bottle.

Stay with it despite the old micra and ignore comedy "decarb juice" , watch this video comparison with bore scope. look at the crap out the exhaust and the bore scope after does look slightly cleaner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZDISp2pdSo

Basically what these expensive "treatments" do is suck a small amount of water in. The chemicals do next to nothing IMO, its the internal steam clean that does the job.

I've never bothered with any other car since the Corrado I did. Some say the carbon build up might come away in chunks, and cause problems with valves and catalytic converters etc.

wasz said:
No need to pay anyone to do it, just have your engine suck up some water. Look at how clean the internals of engines with headgasket failure are.

I did it once on a Corrado VR6, did seem to run better and loads of crap came out of the tailpipe.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=decarbonizing+engine+with+water

Not done it on my 996....

I did this in my V10 M5 going through a puddle that just kept getting deeper!

I'm sure the inside of the engine was lovely and clean afterwards but the bent conrods on one and five and the destroyed gearbox made it a little expensive all told :dont know:

Phil :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back