Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where is my front spoiler?

Cananapo

I have a 2002 Targa with factory option fixed rear spoiler - XAG and factory side skirts - X76. According to the price list XAG option includes 'an additional spoiler on standard front apron' Well I have looked and as far as I can see I am completely standard at the front. Anyone else with the XAG option who could show me the difference?
I was considering a change to the front to make it look more balanced ;)

Attachments

• 43080e3b_9d1f_4539_b51b_2221636ec38a_172.jpg
    43080e3b_9d1f_4539_b51b_2221636ec38a_172.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 5,760
Does it not refer to your front bumper? The decoded description of items can be cryptic or lost in translation.
You have an aero front bumper, rear wing and sills that a standard car does not have.

It refers to your aero kit..

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/83504-2002-aerokit-option-confusion.html

80-image_5942212acf8b1349dda617d144ba7a3819da1abc.jpeg

From that picture it looks like Cananapo is missing the additional black lip.

Mine had the standard front PU.

I believe your car is correct as it is albeit a bit mismatched, basically you have the MK1 GT3 side skirts with the 996.2 bumpers, it is possible to attach the MK2 GT3 Cup front lip splitter but it is not a direct fit.

I think your car is fitted with an aerokit1 and was the norm on 996.1 aero cars , the front bumper is less aggressive than the 996.2 front aero bumper . the rear spoiler was also slightly different this later aerokit I believe was called the aerokit2 and appears mostly on the 996.2 aero cars.

That is my understanding of the differences :thumb:

Brains_911t said:
Maybe it got damaged and removed

Yeah. I was thinking that maybe the front had been changed at sometime as the wheels are also different than the original order. still would like to know what a standard front end looks like in this case.

T8 said:
From that picture it looks like Cananapo is missing the additional black lip.

Mine had the standard front PU.

Exactly. I cannot see any difference between mine and yours. So either I have misunderstood or I need something else up front.

jezgreen911 said:
I believe your car is correct as it is albeit a bit mismatched, basically you have the MK1 GT3 side skirts with the 996.2 bumpers, it is possible to attach the MK2 GT3 Cup front lip splitter but it is not a direct fit.

Maybe that would be best. I'll look some images up. Anyone here with the lip fitted like to comment?

Phil 997 said:
I think your car is fitted with an aerokit1 and was the norm on 996.1 aero cars , the front bumper is less aggressive than the 996.2 front aero bumper . the rear spoiler was also slightly different this later aerokit I believe was called the aerokit2 and appears mostly on the 996.2 aero cars.

I've already been corrected for calling it an aero car :) Apparently they are quite another beast and have a different and much larger rear spoiler. Mine's just had the Carrera spoiler and side skirt factory options. Maybe an aero wing and front would complete the look. I haven't seen a targa with a full aero job.

Cananapo said:
Phil 997 said:

I've already been corrected for calling it an aero car :) Apparently they are quite another beast and have a different and much larger rear spoiler. Mine's just had the Carrera spoiler and side skirt factory options. Maybe an aero wing and front would complete the look. I haven't seen a targa with a full aero job.

:floor: :floor: oh yes the sandle wearers might get uppy if you didnt call it by its correct term :grin: but I think your right to be considering some sort of more aggressive front to go with the skirts and rear wing but I dont think the bumper from the gen2 further up the thread would fit unless you changed the headlights . personally I like the 996 turbo front bumper :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
:floor: :floor: oh yes the sandle wearers might get uppy if you didnt call it by its correct term :grin: but I think your right to be considering some sort of more aggressive front to go with the skirts and rear wing but I dont think the bumper from the gen2 further up the thread would fit unless you changed the headlights . personally I like the 996 turbo front bumper :thumb:

:thumb: It may have been on another forum but I agree that the turbo front looks good. Let the search begin! :D

Phil 997 said:
............. but I dont think the bumper from the gen2 further up the thread would fit unless you changed the headlights .....

Why not :? Cananapo's car is a Gen2.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back