Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Next door reversed into the Front bumper corner /cracked it

robbiej

Already got quotes as he does not want to go through the Insurance. I was on my drive walking to the car. Porsche dealer want £1800, EPorsche £1200

but I could get a second hand GTS bumper, around £600 DLRs £350 other bits £200 then £350 to fit and spray

I could fit a splitter better than on a 997.1 stock bumper?

to fit Turbo bumper I need more bits its only a C2

what should I do....

Keep it standard and get a quote also from an independent bodyshop that does prestige cars for comparison. As your neighbour is paying out of pocket that gives him and you the price spread. Then decide which one would get the job if it was you that was paying for the work and not claiming on your Insurance.

I would Give him the quotes, tell him its £1100 cash then upgrade and get the bumper you want.

Unless you don't like him or her don't have is trousers down :D

I'd go to a good bodyshop and get them to repair and paint to a high standard, should be about £600

wasz said:
Ring the breakers and see if they have a mint bumper in the right colour?

I have a mint 997.1 C2S front bumper sat in my garage, including the fogs, came off my car at 45k when I fitted a Turbo one.

Colour is Atlas Grey. PM me if you are interested.

PM sent

there is a bunch of cracks around the indicator, everything is repairable but how good would it be?

I'm not sure I'm keen on him reversing at speed in front of my house without looking. I have a 5 year old!

his words were

"there is not normally a car parked there i didn't look"

he was very careful this morning on reversing....

Oh well, if you hit something on the road that isn't normally there, you can hardly be blamed for that!

I say let the man go about his business, it's been tough on him too! :lol:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Oh well, if you hit something on the road that isn't normally there, you can hardly be blamed for that!

:floor:

Teach him a (driving ) lesson . Take him for £1500 . Replace bumper , get your dlrs etc and some cctv beneath your guttering.

Sh*t drivers dont improve they only get worse. All the best and good luck with that neighbour.

oh and check your rads , is your air con ok ?

The return of Marty Wild said:

sounds like the Jasper Carrott Insurance claim sketch...............

Get the money and have the bumper that you want, standard or otherwise, it's your car! The GT3 bumper looks great :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back