Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 993 Owner

Allan E

Owned for less than a month but we do love it. It is a 1995 Carrera Tiptronic-s 57,000 miles, electric/heated seats, sunroof, air-con, computer, ruffled grey leather, etc and recent full service, new discs/pads, new tyres at 56,500 miles. Mots from 2005, however it has had a new ignition barrel a while back so the drawback is two keys.
Pleasantly surprised how quiet the car is, contrary to some who said the engine would be noisy and the seats are comfortable also. Very clean underneath and appears to have had front wishbones replaced of late as seen in the underside picture.
It will not be used as an everyday car, but will be taken to classic car events and used for a tour up the west coast of Scotland in September.

Attachments

• img_2710_260.jpg
    img_2710_260.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 5,917
  • img_2783_335.jpg
    img_2783_335.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 5,917
  • img_2706_102.jpg
    img_2706_102.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 5,917
  • img_2705_529.jpg
    img_2705_529.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 5,917
  • img_3024_108.jpg
    img_3024_108.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 5,917
  • img_2987_172.jpg
    img_2987_172.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 5,784
Welcome Allan and congrats on you new purcchase ....... it looks good in Red ....... I hope you have many years of fun with it ....... :)

Welcome and congrats on what looks like a very clean car. :thumb:

C.

That's lovely :envy:

Previous owner called George by any chance :grin:

:welcome:

:thumb:

Hi and welcome, that must be a very late pre varioram car, not seen a '96 one before from memory as the varioram came out in '95 :dont know:

Hi Alan,

I think I may of been chatting to you at the Raby Castle Classic Car Show on Fathers Day. I'm the guy with the Aventura Green 993 who had a good neb at your car and can confirm yours is a corker!

I hope you enjoy your 993 journey😉

Congratulations on your new purchase OP, they look so good in Guards.

Welcome!

Nicely spec'd interior with the extended leather. very rare on the narrow bodied cars. :thumb:

jonttt said:
Hi and welcome, that must be a very late pre varioram car, not seen a '96 one before from memory as the varioram came out in '95 :dont know:
My mistake, it is a 1995 car jonttt, you are absolutely right the varioram cars were available from August 1995.

Mike-M said:
Hi Alan,

I think I may of been chatting to you at the Raby Castle Classic Car Show on Fathers Day. I'm the guy with the Aventura Green 993 who had a good neb at your car and can confirm yours is a corker!

I hope you enjoy your 993 journey😉
Yes Mike I did speak to you at Raby Castle and thanks for the pointers, I have been going over the car throughly and finding the odd thing here and there, no spare wheel compressor for one, not much point for carrying a spare?

Grats on your purchase. Tip:- fit Tore B's keyless remote then you only need one key. Also saves fumbling in the dark.

Hi welcome, looks in great shape and fab colour i also have a 1995 tip s NB car in GR :lol: loving the leather dash you lucky thing! Yes that is a rare touch.. dare we ask how much you payed :dont know:
No more than 25 bags we hope :grin:

Endoman said:
Grats on your purchase. Tip:- fit Tore B's keyless remote then you only need one key. Also saves fumbling in the dark.

+1
Best thing I've done on mine for a while, ripped out all the previous (2) alarm systems and just have Tore's elegant solution. Retains Porsche's factory non-Thatcham alarm with red indicators on door caps flashing once locked.

PS. I had an SC back in 1980 in Guards Red (with a very dodgy pin-stripe velour and leatherette interior), cracking colour . . . loved that car!
:thumb:

:welcome: to 911uk Allan

Nice car, lovely colour :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back