Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to have after a 997 Turbo. Its harder than you think !!

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
After having my 997 Turbo for over 2 years, I am getting itchy feet. I love the car to bits and as such its a very very hard act to follow. I have had a 911 Turbo for the last 20 years or so, and have now been looking elsewhere.

I have tried the following so far:

-997 GT3 the holly grail, is it?? yes I get it to a degree, noise, sharp, feel, but on the road my Turbo would destroy it and it looks twice the car. Even the dealer was puzzled !!
-F430 F1 Spider - great car, great name, great noise, looks lovely, but its just not fast in a Toy weekend car kinda of way.
-Took a DBS out today, I love the look of these, quite taken by it, stunning in fact, but although they say about the interior being nice, it was disappointing, boring and the seats where awful.
-Gallardo is next to try fully, but the running costs and fragile engine scares me (A dealer I know have 2 in for full rebuilds)

Don't like an R8, been in and driven few, good car yes, but they are not for me.

Whats your thoughts and what have people been hankering over (within reason :thumb: )

996 Turbo :?:

:wink:

F-Type R :?:

Maserati GTS :?:

Sounds like 991 turbo doesn't it??

T8 said:
F-Type R :?:

Maserati GTS :?:

No sorry, should have said no money loseing Jags, or Plasticine Masser's :thumb:

Appreciation excites me as well as a good car !!

Re: What to have after a 997 Turbo. Its harder than you thin

Boba fett said:
After having my 997 Turbo for over 2 years, I am getting itchy feet. I love the car to bits and as such its a very very hard act to follow. I have had a 911 Turbo for the last 20 years or so, and have now been looking elsewhere.

-997 GT3 the holly grail, is it?? yes I get it to a degree, noise, sharp, feel, but on the road my Turbo would destroy it and it looks twice the car. Even the dealer was puzzled !!
-F430 F1 Spider - great car, great name, great noise, looks lovely, but its just not fast in a Toy weekend car kinda of way.
-Took a DBS out today, I love the look of these, quite taken by it, stunning in fact, but although they say about the interior being nice, it was disappointing, boring and the seats where awful.
-Gallardo is next to try fully, but the running costs and fragile engine scares me (A dealer I know have 2 in for full rebuilds)

Don't like an R8, been in and driven few, good car yes, but they are not for me.

Whats your thoughts and what have people been hankering over (within reason :thumb: )

You copying my thread???? :hand:

Re: What to have after a 997 Turbo. Its harder than you thin

westcoastclassic said:
Boba fett said:

You copying my thread???? :hand:

No mate your choice is vast given its looks, but the 997 Turbo is a sexy son of a b1tch...

Its Sunday pic whoring day !!

What is it you reslly value most in a car? Stability of price, acceleration performance, grip, how raw ot feels, steering feel, interior quality, looks, sound, shape of the power curve (torque vs power). Need more info to make any sensinle suggestions.

MC

997 GT2, they seem a little under valued to me currently,

Seems to tick a lot of your boxes.

MisterCorn said:
What is it you reslly value most in a car? Stability of price, acceleration performance, grip, how raw ot feels, steering feel, interior quality, looks, sound, shape of the power curve (torque vs power). Need more info to make any sensinle suggestions.

MC

That's a good question MC. I have 6 cars at present (Co own 2)

My 997 is the Toy, weekend fun thingy. It ticks a lot of boxes, so I will list my priorities:

- I don't like to lose money on something I use so little.
- Its needs to look stunning and special, even sat sat on the drive or in the garage, cleaning, beautifying and detailing is a big deal with my toy.
- its needs to excite, performance, sense of occasion and all that, and I know Acceleration although not everything, but its a right buzz when you have some.
- I don't want to take it a million miles to be serviced or pay a million £ to be serviced once their.
- no Atom's or Westfields, had a the later and felt like a kn0b in it.

m119cars said:
997 GT2, they seem a little under valued to me currently,

Seems to tick a lot of your boxes.

I wish I could afford one, My budget is 90k, I think they are more than that :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back