Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£22995 For a 996 C2

Nice low miles late 996, although the grey interior may delay a very quick sale. Not fussed on the Turbo Style Rims, MY02's would be my choice.

C.

Looks a bit OTT to me. It isn't even the cable throttle version with the ealry IMS bearing.
If my missus told me she would like me to sell my 966 C2 that is what I would advertise it at... That way I get to keep it.

MC

The asking prices do seem to keep rising, as for the sale prices :dont know:

I`ll be hanging on to my 1998 996.1 for the forseeable though, she`s just so much fun to drive :grin:

kurlykris said:

I`ll be hanging on to my 1998 996.1 for the forseeable though, she`s just so much fun to drive :grin:

That might be related to the price. True though. Great cars :thumb:

MC

kurlykris said:

That's very true, It's a shame there isn't a recently sold price guide like you can get with houses :?:

paul987 said:
kurlykris said:

That's very true, It's a shame there isn't a recently sold price guide like you can get with houses :?:

I created one of these on the NSX forum to track prices. People supplied the age/spec/price and I put them in a table. There was reluctance from some people but I thought it was genuinely interesting.

MC

MisterCorn said:
paul987 said:
kurlykris said:

I created one of these on the NSX forum to track prices. People supplied the age/spec/price and I put them in a table. There was reluctance from some people but I thought it was genuinely interesting.

MC

I think it would be interesting too.. I don't understand the reluctance... I'm sure it would be helpful :thumb:

There was a mix of people who were constantly either talking uo or down the price. Having some facts in the mix was not convenient. If a few people are up for it I will start one here, but it needs to be specific to keep it meaningful. With the NSX there weren't exactly many versions.

MC

I know that Portiacraft sold one with similar mileage recently for £20k. I know because I bought it...! On that basis, £23k is not that OTT. Older 911s are more expensive, newer 911s are more expensive. So even at £20k - for a low mileage, nice example - there is a fair amount of appeal for the new to the 911 buyer.

Aside from the wheels, lack of PSE and 16k miles difference, that is identical to mine.

It's kind of nice to know it's gone up in value since I bought it, a little bit discomforting that its sale value would fund a conservatory.

cableguy said:
Nice low miles late 996, although the grey interior may delay a very quick sale. Not fussed on the Turbo Style Rims, MY02's would be my choice.

C.
I do like my Turbo style wheels, particularly how easy they are to clean!

Had my 996.2 Cabriolet up for sale last year with 56K on the clock for 14K and didn't even get one call. I'd spent 12K on replacing everything and it was absolutely perfect.

Part exchanged it in the end.

Les said:
Had my 996.2 Cabriolet up for sale last year with 56K on the clock for 14K and didn't even get one call. I'd spent 12K on replacing everything and it was absolutely perfect.

Part exchanged it in the end.

There's a clue in there somewhere. Different model. Different pricing. :wink:

MC - I would be interested in a table of genuine sale prices. Its not at all about wanting to make money, I think most peoples expenditure would outweigh any value increase anyway and it also detracts from people getting out and enjoying their cars.

However, I think its nice to know the realistic value of our cars and in some ways might actually put pay to people thinking their cars are worth a lot more than they are.

I'll start.....
:D
1998 C2 3.4, As it left the factory with M030, LSD, 18" turbo twist hollow spokes, hardback seats, Silver with Black full leather, just rolled over 70k miles.
Bought in Jan 2015, advertised at £10,800, paid £9,800.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back