Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

981 Splilt Coffee on the Heater Panel.

deMort

Monaco
One for future reference 981 heater controls .. coffee split on them and now the buttons are stuck .

I had the pleasure of one of these this week , no pictures im afraid as it was a waiting job so no time .

Remove the side panels , they pull out at the back and sides and at the front they pull forward to remove .

Remove PCM , get someone to hold it whilst you unplug it .. it IS a 2 man job , x4 T30 screws .. you cant miss them .

X2 spring clips hold the heater panel in place , push them with your fingers and lift it out ( they are at the sides of the unit ).

I removed the plugs in order starting with the power plug so left side then middle then right side .. it can make a difference on some cars the order they are removed and refitted so thats how i did it .. and it all worked afterwards :)

Heater panel on bench ...

Undo the X4 T6 torx screws and gently pull the back panel off.

Undo the X6 T6 torx screws on the circuit board and gently lift up.

Lift off the rubber matting which is the switch contact pad.

DO NOT turn the switch pack upside down at this point .

The rocker switches have removable plungers and will fall out .

Remove each switch pack in turn and i used a bowl of warm soapy water .. wash the ones that stick untill they move .

For the rocker switches you do the same but be aware the plungers will fall out .. they just push back in but you need to be aware of it so none go missing :)

Refit in reverse and job done .. takes about 1.5 hours to do start to finish .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back