Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going back to ambers on 993 C2S

jpsand993c2s

Hi all,

I am sure this is an easy one for you guys, but being a mechanical half wit - I wanted to ask before I went and bought the parts.

My 993 has the darker rear lenses fitted and white front fogs. I think the car would look better with the original amber lenses fitted at the rear and amber side indicators.

I'm also thinking about fitting the more clean fog lights - I hope you know what I mean - they are like a casing and look far better than what I have at the moment.

Are these simple 'pop out and pop new one in' type jobs (I fear not) or does it need to be dealt with by a professional (i.e not me)

Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• img_73786672_212.jpg
    img_73786672_212.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9,503
  • 993s_212.jpg
    993s_212.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 9,498
Not sure what you mean on fogs but indicators come out by undoing a single screw.

jpsand993c2s said:
My 993 has the darker rear lenses fitted and white front fogs. I think the car would look better with the original amber lenses fitted at the rear and amber side indicators.
How about amber front indicators and side repeaters, but keep the red rears? This is what I have (won't someone think of the purists :grin:)
gunner said:
Not sure what you mean on fogs but indicators come out by undoing a single screw.
It's worth adding that the indicators slide out towards the front of the car (ie: at right angles to the fixing screw) - if you pull sideways (ie: direction of screw) you'll break the plastic mounting tabs on the back, assuming that they're not already broken.

Wow - it's all swap & change, and each to their own!

Mine is a Polar C2 (NB), and I currently have ambers at the rear and clears at the front, but I've just ordered some ambers for the front to match the repeaters.
However - I really want some 'reds' for the rear instead of the ambers, so if you are selling your red rears if you do this job, let me know.... :thumb:

AndyS said:
However - I really want some 'reds' for the rear instead of the ambers, so if you are selling your red rears if you do this job, let me know.... :thumb:

Tried sending you a PM, but it seems to be hanging in my outbox:

Oddly enough, and at great expense, I'm changing from red rears to ambers on my 96 C2. (I just changed my white fronts and side repeaters to ambers last week).

I will be selling my red rears as soon as the new amber rears arrive. (I'm abroad at the moment, back in UK on 12th July, so they will be available very shortly after this!)

Let me have your email address and I will send you a picture of the lights on my car.

Wish we'd been in touch earlier - could have done a swap of your ambers for my reds - I've just shelled out £450 for two rear ambers! White fronts and white side repeaters also up for grabs.

Chris - thanks for the advice.

Is it just a case of 'unplugging' the rear lights and slotting the new ones in?

AndyS - I will post on here when and if I do the swap - my dark lenses are in perfect condition so hopefully someone will benefit from them. If I had a 4S I would keep them but I think the 2S looks best with original ambers.

Each to their own :)

Andy - your car looks great btw - nice wheels.

Chris - just checked your pictures out (didn't notice the link) and I'm gonna copy you pal - dark rear lenses and I'll swap out the clear fronts for ambers. Your car looks fab.

There is a full DIY on my journal re swapping out the Fog lights for "Turbo S" ducts.....

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=204

you can either go the whole hog and paint them yourself like me or palm that bit out to a bodyshop.

You lose the front fogs and effectively get daytime running lights you can turn on/off with the sidelight button.

jpsand993c2s said:
AndyS - I will post on here when and if I do the swap - my dark lenses are in perfect condition so hopefully someone will benefit from them.
Thanks - or just PM me :thumbs:

jpsand993c2s said:
Andy - your car looks great btw - nice wheels.
Thanks - just had a 10 month restoration, hence the 'Money Pit' title :nooo:

bodmin said:
Andy
Tried sending you a PM, but it seems to be hanging in my outbox:

Oddly enough, and at great expense, I'm changing from red rears to ambers on my 96 C2. (I just changed my white fronts and side repeaters to ambers last week).

I will be selling my red rears as soon as the new amber rears arrive. (I'm abroad at the moment, back in UK on 12th July, so they will be available very shortly after this!)

Let me have your email address and I will send you a picture of the lights on my car.

Wish we'd been in touch earlier - could have done a swap of your ambers for my reds - I've just shelled out £450 for two rear ambers! White fronts and white side repeaters also up for grabs.

Hi Mike
PM received and I have just replied :thumb:

Andy

Attachments

• 993_amber_2_753.jpg
    993_amber_2_753.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 8,747
another pic

Attachments

• amber_993_3_198.jpg
    amber_993_3_198.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 8,745