Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 996.2 litronic / xenon headlights (excellent cond.)

adamw

Looking for a set in excellent (mint) condition as want to replace the units on the car as they are looking a little tired.
Please PM me if you have any for sale.

Thanks
Adam :thumb:

wizard993 said:

Thanks that seems like a great service. Will look in to that!

The only thing I'm not sure about is my lights seem to have markings on the inside of the lenses (see attached - might need to zoom). Not really sure what this is or if these will be able to be removed ? :?:

75180529-BD38-4FD7-8D10-8AE8A3D9A334_zps2mdisje7.jpg

Give them a ring..... they are a good bunch.

Once the bulbs are out you can do a degree of cleaning(can't recall where I seen someone cleaning inside and it may have been on 993 headlights and not a 996)

wizard993 said:
Give them a ring..... they are a good bunch.

Once the bulbs are out you can do a degree of cleaning(can't recall where I seen someone cleaning inside and it may have been on 993 headlights and not a 996)

Thanks, but just checked they're 5hrs from me so probably not do-able :D

Anyone know of any others (south) that offer a similar service ?

Thanks
Adam :thumb:

Got similar markings on the inside of mine so would love to know if you find anyone who sort them.

I might give jasmine a call to see what can be done and may courier them up or take them myself

Mine too, standard facelift lights and the NS has misting on the inside.

New lights are silly money and the only alternative seems to be Design911 LEDs but they look a bit boy racer for a Porsche!

Leon1davies said:
I might give jasmine a call to see what can be done and may courier them up

Please keep me posted on what jasmine say and if courier is an option :thumb:

They just do the outside restoration and wont attempt the inside.

The hunt continues

Leon1davies said:

The hunt continues

Ok, thanks Leon
Keep this thread updated if you find anyone and I'll do the same :thumb:

adamw said:
Leon1davies said:

The hunt continues

Ok, thanks Leon
Keep this thread updated if you find anyone and I'll do the same :thumb:

Bit of a bump but my indy (precision/impact) are going to look and see what they can do in the way of a refurb when I am next down there.

No other refurb company recommendations?

In the meantime, if any one has any mint condition lights that are surplus, please PM :thumb:

I restored mine a couple of weeks ago with a 3M kit and they came up quite well but its a bit of a bum twitcher when you sandpaper them and they go like frosted glass :wtf: but following the instructions does work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t1RBw0IGXA

If you are not happy to try yourself you could check with detailing companies as some also do headlights.

Mike

Most body shops will wet sand them down and then lacquer them for not very much at all. Had mine done when I got the bumper resprayed and it cost about £30.

Bump - still looking

I have marks on the inside of my light units that won't be removed as part of a standard refurb so looking to replace.

Any one have any 996.2 xenon/litronics in excellent condition, please PM!!

:thumb:

adamw said:
Bump - still looking

I have marks on the inside of my light units that won't be removed as part of a standard refurb so looking to replace.

Any one have any 996.2 xenon/litronics in excellent condition, please PM!!

:thumb:

Still on the hunt

Not sure if this is a silly question or not but is anyone able to advise if there is any difference between light units from a LHD and RHD car ?

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back