Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! ... New Brake Pads for 2013 Cayenne.

ballcock

Hi all,

My wifes Cayenne is displaying 'brake pads worn' on the dash (pretty freaky and tech-tastic to me, a 993 guy!)

My question is where do I get OEM pads .. The car is under warranty so they need to be genuine Porsche items (I assume OEM will work too!)

Thanks in advance

Barney.

OPC?
MC

Local indie would be MUCH cheaper...

Just had my pads done all round (2011 model) and the OE pads were Textar, others were significantly cheaper, but not OE. I similarly am running a warranty. Don't for get to buy the sensors, they come separately at £14 a piece. Not sure of the pad manufacturer for your year. It's not a DIY job unless you have some large star shaped Allan key type tool. Best check your discs for tolerance as well.

I very much doubt an OPC would spot non genuine pads. Unless you're anticipating a warranty issue on the brakes/discs OEM will work. Mine didn't and I changed the discs as well :grin:

Would an OPC decide to get a Colini stick out and check to the level of detail to see if every consumable part was genuine before say tackling a warranty claim on the gearbox :dont know:

You could buy across the parts counter at OPC and get some sap to fit them, or DIY as its easy :thumb:

As long as the pads are black and have no obvious writeing on them to indicate they are none Porsche that can be seen when fitted then they will pass a 111 point check .

For discs then they need to be the same shape on the hub .. and grey .

We dont take things appart to check for none porsche .. we just look for the obvious !

Thanks for all the above, guys
so just to confirm that textar are the OE brand, including 2013?
Unfortunately any of the online sellers show pics with textar stamped on the pads!
Demort, are there any marks on the Porsche branded items?
Thanks!

Just black on the back of them , you cant see much of them to be honest .. we look for anything different from what we are used to .

We only get 1.5 hours to fully inspect the vehicle and with bonus then it tends to be quicker ;)

Nothing to stop you painting the pad back with black paint you know :)

Edit ..

Just to say .. thats what i used to do ... not at OPC these days , moved on to pastures greener !

Euro Car Parts sell Textar pads, not sure they do them for Cayenne you would need to check, I have just fitted them to my 997.

Thanks again folks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back