Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo..got it today!!

3point6

Silverstone
Recently sold a very nice 996TT to upgrade to a 997TT, however after test driving a couple of 7T's, I bought another 6T instead (my reasons why are the subject of another thread here ..
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121383

So, I found what I consider to be the best 6t I could find for the money and here it is..I got it today!

Delighted, under 40k miles, full opc history, nice spec, mint condition. It has all new consumables all round, Tubi exhaust (sounds mega) and a map, it boosts at a solid 1.1 though have seen 1.2 in 4th gear.. to be honest, it was too wet today to even think about it. It is hideously fast and very loud. :thumbs:

Far removed from the 7T's I test drove.. lol.. different car, so so different!
:bandit:

Here she is!

Attachments

• img_0881_186.jpg
    img_0881_186.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 5,957
Lovely spec inside..

Attachments

• img_0883_445.jpg
    img_0883_445.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 5,955
Looks lovely , fast work...well done :thumb:
996T's :worship:

adamw said:

Thanks buddy..

Yeah.. 996T's.. in my opinion, the best car and driving experience ever. It takes everything that was good about pre-millenium driving, all the elements of the best hot hatches, sports and GT cars are in there and all is turned up to 11. This recipe has been cooked in a modern car package, only without the computer trickery of the modern car, the result..as you know, is an amazing retro feel drive in a modern reliable package.

For that reason, I think it's the best 911 Turbo of the lot, ever.. and it will never be surpassed as I cannot see Porsche development going back the way. It leaves the air cooled cars in it's dust and unlike the later water cooled cars, it drives something like an old school 911.

Nice looking car both inside and out, congratulations :)

Congratulations on the purchase. Looks lovely.

Very nice. I love the 996 turbo. It ticks all the right boxes for me.

MC

3point6 said:
adamw said:

Thanks buddy..

Yeah.. 996T's.. in my opinion, the best car and driving experience ever. It takes everything that was good about pre-millenium driving, all the elements of the best hot hatches, sports and GT cars are in there and all is turned up to 11. This recipe has been cooked in a modern car package, only without the computer trickery of the modern car, the result..as you know, is an amazing retro feel drive in a modern reliable package.

For that reason, I think it's the best 911 Turbo of the lot, ever.. and it will never be surpassed as I cannot see Porsche development going back the way. It leaves the air cooled cars in it's dust and unlike the later water cooled cars, it drives something like an old school 911.

:grin: 996T's :worship:

Looks great, well done!

Agree there's a touch of the old school to the 996 turbo that is very endearing, and as a high performance package it's just a great car. A little tuning turns it into a monster and really brings out the best of it.

Love or hate the headlights and interior, it represents one time that Porsche really decided to modernise the 911 significantly, and keep it at the top of the sports car tree. With the turbo and GT3 and GT2, Porsche really developed some excellent performance cars.

I think these Mezger 996 cars are still underrated and undervalued, I'm biased of course..

Basalt black with black leather - great choice!

Any drone from the Tubi?

:thumbs:

Gareth64 said:
Basalt black with black leather - great choice!

:thumbs:

officially the fastest colour :judge:

Lovely looking car by the way

stunning car 3.6 I have to agree with you tried a few 997 non turbos lovely cars very easy to drive etc. tbh they didn't give that same feel as a 996 turbo gives,not just the speed of these cars its every think about them.
That's my thoughts any way am slightly bias though :)

looks mint! congrats. gonna have to try one of these someday.... :thumbs:

:congrats:

I love black 996T...
darth.gif

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back