Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AA v RAC v Green Flag

Jam911

Albert Park
Which one do I go for guys?

Take a look at Startrescue. Terms and conditions identical to RAC when I researched a few years ago. I used them once and service was impeccable. They cost a fraction of the price, however they provided the appropriate vehicle to recover my very low car on the occasion I used them.

Hi Jam911

Not a very scientific reply but I have the RAC membership via Tesco Clubcard. For Rescue, Recovery, At Home and Onward Travel for myself and my wife was £70 in Clubcard Vouchers (Cash renewal was about £237.00).
I have never used Green Flag and only had AA cover with a new car and never had to use it.
I know that the AA used to have a relay recovery service such that if you broke down a long way from home you may not be recovered all the way by one vehicle but not sure if they still do that.

Hope that helps.

Never had Green Flag, but have used the RAC and the AA at various times over the past decade.

From a speed of recovery point of view and technical knowledge, both have been very good in getting to me and in analysing/fixing the problem.

However, the cost and ease of renewal has been a pain with both of them. After an introductory first year price, the second year virtually doubles. So loyalty is rewarded by a 100% price hike!! Pathetic really. :dont know: So shift back to the other for another introductory first year offer.

The only other gripe I have is that the RAC had my details wrong on their database. The result was that when my car did break down, they said I wasn't covered. They would only come out if I paid the premium again over the phone. I refused and got the car recovered by other means. Put in an official complaint and after 3 months they admitted their database was incorrect. Got a year's free membership as compensation for their incompetence on the database. So less confidence in the RAC than the AA.

I can't stand the RAC. I had to wait 3hrs for them for an arranged collection scheduled first thing in the morning. Then a year later I had a friend stay at my place while he waited 6hrs for them to show up. I'll never use them again.

DRZ911 said:
Never had Green Flag, but have used the RAC and the AA at various times over the past decade.

From a speed of recovery point of view and technical knowledge, both have been very good in getting to me and in analysing/fixing the problem.

However, the cost and ease of renewal has been a pain with both of them. After an introductory first year price, the second year virtually doubles. So loyalty is rewarded by a 100% price hike!! Pathetic really. :dont know: So shift back to the other for another introductory first year offer.

The only other gripe I have is that the RAC had my details wrong on their database. The result was that when my car did break down, they said I wasn't covered. They would only come out if I paid the premium again over the phone. I refused and got the car recovered by other means. Put in an official complaint and after 3 months they admitted their database was incorrect. Got a year's free membership as compensation for their incompetence on the database. So less confidence in the RAC than the AA.

It was a similar experience to the which led my quest to discover smartrescue

I've used Autoaid it's about £25. You have to pay for any rescue with a credit card usually it then claim back from Autoaid, pavement comes through and n about 7 days. Always worked well for me.

silvermilnec said:
I've used Autoaid it's about £25. You have to pay for any rescue with a credit card usually it then claim back from Autoaid, pavement comes through and n about 7 days. Always worked well for me.

I use Autoaid too, full service for me and my wife for £43. You don't have to pay and claim anymore like you used to, they just sort it.

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/BreakdownServices.aspx

wasz said:
silvermilnec said:

I use Autoaid too, full service for me and my wife for £43. You don't have to pay and claim anymore like you used to, they just sort it.

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/BreakdownServices.aspx

I didn't know that cheers!

I have only used AA in the past but, probably wouldn't again

My other vehicle broke down on the motorway - all ancillary belts thrown off by one belt disintegrating, I limped off the motorway and called (telling them I needed new belts), they turned up without any tools or parts and jut recovered me.

I had the full package so, expected a man with a van and some belts.

I now carry lots of spares and tools :D

On the Porsche - I have the Porsche warranty/recovery - what are peoples experiences of this service ?

Thanks for the posts.
I went with Green Flag in the end.

AutoAid everytime, No silly doubling of premiums every year..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back