Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OEM PCM#1 GPS aerial connector identification?

Judder

Silverstone
Hi everyone

I replaced my PCM1 unit with a more recent Alpine unit and found that the Alpine unit has a different GPS aerial connector to the OEM one the car used

It looked very much like the OEM Porsche PCM#1 Becker one used a MCX connector, so I bought a MCX female -> MCX female connector

And as the Alpine uses a HRS GT5-1S connector, I bought a HRS GT5-1S connector MCX plug

However... the OEM connector doesn't actually seem to be a MCX one - it is _very_ similar in size, but appears to have a slightly fatter lip and thus won't fit into the female->female connector

Has anyone bought an adapter for theirs and if so can they remember what it was?

It looks like it could be TS9, or a MMCX one, and being German it could well be a Fakra plug but I'd rather not buy a bunch of leads just to find out so any advice much appreciated

Some plugs for identification attached

Attachments

• htb1vsdqkxxxxxcdxfxxq6xxfxxxj_112.jpg
    htb1vsdqkxxxxxcdxfxxq6xxfxxxj_112.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,288
  • htb1rxhlkxxxxxahxvxxq6xxfxxxa_197.jpg
    htb1rxhlkxxxxxahxvxxq6xxfxxxa_197.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,288
  • htb1m4r2kxxxxxx_xpxxq6xxfxxxk_482.jpg
    htb1m4r2kxxxxxx_xpxxq6xxfxxxk_482.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,288
These are the adapter(s) I bought so far just for reference