Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa Hatch not opening - Update and New Issue

Chigster

Hi All!

Haven't driven her much recently as been stuck on overseas assignments but tried to pop the hatch on the Targa and nothing happened. Cant even hear the locking mechanism. No luck with remote or internal switch.

Any thoughts? I am hopeful that it's just stuck from lack of use. 😀

What im thinking is the car cant see that the roof is in the fully closed position .. its a safety feature that you cant open the rear hatch if the roof is open .. try fully opening and then closeing the roof then try the hatch .

Most things to do with the roof system need a tester connected to look at the values for the switches im afraid .

Im not sure if theres an individual fuse for the hatch .. worth checking just in case though .

Thanks Demort,

I thought that too and have tried opening and shutting the roof a few times with no luck. Will try again and see.

Thanks

The switch is unfortunatly behind the lock mechanism for the hatch , its a microswitch that sits on one of the cables so is not very accessible hence its better to check the status of it with a tester.

It could be a switch fault .. never seen it before but possible .. trouble is once again you need a tester to check operation .

I think it may be garage time to fix this one .. sorry .

Demort said:
What im thinking is the car cant see that the roof is in the fully closed position .. its a safety feature that you cant open the rear hatch if the roof is open .. try fully opening and then closeing the roof then try the hatch .

Most things to do with the roof system need a tester connected to look at the values for the switches im afraid .

Im not sure if theres an individual fuse for the hatch .. worth checking just in case though .

Update - this has sorted itself. I suspect that the roof was indeed not closing all the way (it was a bit creaky over the summer) but everything now works as it should.

But I now have a new issue. The car has always whistled slightly (from the top left hand side) at speeds of over 60mph. I had it looked over by my Indie who said that the windscreen seal appeared to have degraded and that it wasn't sitting right. I was ok with leaving that until I got round to changing the windscreen that has picked up quite a bad scratch. However this weekend, the whistling was there with a vengeance - and quite loud from around 40Mph. However, when I cracked the roof open a wee bit (just by tapping the open button) it completely disappeared. This suggests to me that the issue is with the roof seal and not the windscreen. Any thoughts on what it could be/how to fix? There is no visible gap that I can see when the roof is closed but the air is certainly getting in from somewhere!

C

Well .. it could still be the windscreen , im thinking air pressure with the roof cracked or air defletion has altered but if not ..

Hmm .. a whistle is a sharp edge catching the wind .. wind noise is a gap ..

The front glass has a rubber seal around it , that could in theory be out of shape but im struggleing with that being the fault.

I would say its the side trim strips that run from the screen to the hatch , perhaps air is lifting one .

They both should be tucked under the windscreen seal.

Ok how i would check this which is probably more usefull ..

2 inch masking tape .. put it over the area you think is at fault and drive the car .. when you get it on the right place the noise will stop .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back