Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

N Rated Tyres

bradmax57

Hi,

I'm sure this has been discussed many a time but just wanted to check something out, I recently bought a 997.2 Carrera that came with winter tyres..... anyway I decided to replace with some new pzeros that are N2 rated, I was under the impression they were the correct tyres for the car.

My friend has just taken his C4 Targa into a dealer for a service and mot and was mentioned he needed new tyres all around, long story short they tried to charge him something crazy for his tyres and when he showed them my invoice I got from Mytyres they said my N2 are the incorrect tyres for a 997.2 and should be N1 rated??

I'm pretty sure there talking utter rubbish, but before I name and shame lol id like to be clear :)

i think N1 is just an improved version of N0 and N2 is improved version of N1 - for each specific size. The N means it is developed with Porsche but as far as i am aware isnot model specific ?

bradmax57 said:
Hi,

I'm sure this has been discussed many a time but just wanted to check something out, I recently bought a 997.2 Carrera that came with winter tyres..... anyway I decided to replace with some new pzeros that are N2 rated, I was under the impression they were the correct tyres for the car.

My friend has just taken his C4 Targa into a dealer for a service and mot and was mentioned he needed new tyres all around, long story short they tried to charge him something crazy for his tyres and when he showed them my invoice I got from Mytyres they said my N2 are the incorrect tyres for a 997.2 and should be N1 rated??

I'm pretty sure there talking utter rubbish, but before I name and shame lol id like to be clear :)

BradMax57, if you send me your email address on private messenger I'll forward you a copy of the latest data released by Porsche Cars GB Ltd at head office.
Then you will have factual information from Porsche AG regarding your query.

Matt

MNC911 said:
bradmax57 said:
Hi,

BradMax57, if you send me your email address on private messenger I'll forward you a copy of the latest data released by Porsche Cars GB Ltd at head office.
Then you will have factual information from Porsche AG regarding your query.

Matt

Thanks for the replies guys and Matt I've sent a PM cheers :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back