Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: Cayman/Boxster GTS

bo_duke

Porsche 981 Cayman/Boxster GTS Wanted. Ideal spec would be:
- Agate Grey, GT Silver or Carmine Red
- Manual
- Porsche Torque Vectoring
- Ceramic Brakes

Appreciate Im probably not going to find my ideal spec, and there are very few 'deal breakers' for me on the GTS cars spec-wise (other than yellow, white, guards red or light leather).

So if you have a car which ticks 3 or more of the above (or even just an agate grey, manual car), I'd be really interested to hear from you.

Cleared funds waiting, and Im currently without Porsche/keen to buy (having just sold my 996 Turbo to fund the switch).

Wise choice but if your main criteria are manual agate grey the car may not actually exist :dont know:

There is a nice spec white manual for private sale which on auto trader.

jonttt said:
There is a nice spec white manual for private sale which on auto trader.

Is it cheap as chips :dont know:

No such thing as a cheap as chips GTS :floor:

Its priced fairly I think with over 12 months porsche warranty still on and good spec at c£53k manuals are rare ;-)

Hi jontt, thanks for tip. I saw the white boxster with the technos, but wasnt sure about the white roll hoop, and no buckets/ceramics. There is a grey manual on the OPC site at the mo, but it's 69k(!), and no alcantara. And Cridfords sold a blue manual with buckets, ceramics and technos just before I sold my 996T, so am still relatively hopeful of something coming up.
Ask me again in 6 months though!

The search is part of the fun, good luck :thumb:

If you factor in wanting a convertible the 981 GTS is the best sports car I have ever driven as an overall package. Just as much fun to drive in the real world, sounds as good and get nicer attention than any fezza or lambo. First "hobby" car I've ever owned that I'm driving more than my daily, in fact its probably is now my daily for summer 8)

I'm still split between PDK and manual, both have their merits / weaknesses, I miss a manual at times but enjoy the PDK so I don't think you can go wrong with either :bandit:

Ive just been reading your GTS diary - its most encouraging. Selling an appreciating 996 Turbo for a depreciating 981 GTS is financial (and bar bragging) lunacy, so I'm preying its as good to drive as I remember from my 4 days with one last year.

Options wise, there seem to be advantages and disadvantages to most of my (slightly) preferred options, so I'm keeping an open mind, and leaving it to fate to see what cars come up, e.g.
- Manual (vs. PDK): More involvement, but higher gear ratios
- Ceramics (vs. steel): Better feel/no brake dust, but risk of expensive chipping/scoring
- Buckets (vs. adaptive): Support/looks, but access in tight spaces a pain
- Cayman (vs. Boxster): Slightly more power/focus and probably better residuals, but open top motoring really appeals too (Ive never owned a convertible)

Also, Ive not actually tried a manual GTS yet (only a manual 981 2.7 and 718 2.5), so could spend months looking and then not like it.

I get the impression that there ARE no bad options on a GTS though really. Its gonna be fun looking!

Obviously with the weather recently I have been driving the BGTS a LOT 8)

I have to say the PDK is growing and growing on me, auto mode is fun / more relaxing especially in normally driving but in manual mode / flappy paddles its just so much fun. I think its a case of anything new you have to practice, once you get used to the feel of what gear you are in without looking down it becomes a lot more intuitive, even having two hands on the wheel all the time feels strange / so much more secure. I think I've cracked it now. The engine is sooo flexible that really you can be in any gear ambling along but having full control over the upshifts is sooooo addictive. Sport mode changes up too quickly, sport + too late (reving to the limit in every gear) but in manual you can red line the early gears to make the most of the power and especially noise and then short shift up the box when up to speed.

A mate had a quick blast and he could not stop laughing, he has an AM vantage. He could not get over the noise and how nimble the car felt.

Lovin it :bandit:

Ps you have got to try a convertible if you have never had one, I am convinced the BGTS and 488 spider are the best two convertibles you can buy short of hypercar territory. I'd put a 981 spider in that category if it where not for the stupid roof :grin:

So if the worst happened, and you found yourself buying another GTS, do you think you'd go PDK or manual?

I honestly don't know, I think it would actually depend on other factors and not the gearbox eg mileage, condition, colour, other options, OPC v private v none OPC retailer, warranty etc..... ie I would not pay a premium for either manual or PDK.

It may help that I have a manual 993 (which I have not driven this year) if/when I feel the need for a manual drive. If I did not have that then a manual weekend car may be more desirable to me.

283 PDK and 78 Manual BGTS
387 PDK and 129 Manual CGTS
...in the UK - according to howmanyleft.co.uk

Thanks both. The PDKs I've driven have been excellent, especially in conjunction with the pops/bangs from the exhaust, but I suspect I may still miss a manual occasionally, so will hold out for one for a few more weeks.

jonttt said:
It may help that I have a manual 993 (which I have not driven this year)

:roll: So the Boxster/Cayman GTS is one car that can do it all :thumb:

Come on you GTS owners, those GT4s are down to 82k now, and they are ALL for sale!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back