Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cracked windscreen

P911X50

Nurburgring
Hi

I have a cracked windscreen :sad:

My Insurance uses National Windscreens.

The screen looks original, But I'm no expert and as I want to replace like for like, can anyone provide any advice to ensure that I get the right screen for the car?

Whilst the screen is off, is there anything I should replace rubbers etc??

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
:thumbs:

Cracked windscreen

Mine was cracked and had it replaced, but stipulated that I wanted Genuine screen. Fitted by National Windscreens, but noticed after a few miles there was wind noise. So had to have another screen fitted, this time no problems. :)

The man you want for a top quality job is Paul Ralhan of Glasstec Automotive.
http://www.glasstecauto.co.uk/

He has an excellent reputation, check out his web reviews.

Your insurers are likely to want a bigger excess from you to use him rather than their approved supplier but it will be well worth while.

Give him a call.

Do what I did, take it to your Indy and have the windscreen company do the repair under their watchful eyes. My guy kept ensured the replacement was carried out well with no corner cutting and even checked for corrosion in the screen frame.

Thank you all for your replies, they were all very useful. I'm going give glassman a try. :thumbs:

I'd suggest checking the terms of your Insurance with respect to what they will cover with their arranged glass company with what they will cover if you go outside of the terms of the policy.

It could be that if you don't use their glass company arrangement, there may be a low cash limit on the value of replacement windscreen - and that may not cover the cost of the glass in such a case.

You don't have to use their arranged repairer, but they may drive you in that direction if you want to choose your own.

Glassman will be able to advise and possibly arrange full reimbursement by talking to your insurer.

It is worth checking the terms of your policy in any case.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back