Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm

Oldboy

Needed to take the battery out to clean the tray as it has abit of corrosion on it.According to handbook the alarm is disarmed when you disconnect the leads from the battery.So l am standing there with both leads in my hands and the alarm is going off.What am I doing wrong?.

I think the standard procedure is to insert the key in the ignition before disconnecting. The alarm has a battery back up and inserting the key disables it.

Insert the key and turn it to position 1 before disconnecting the battery - negative terminal first.

ps. The other thing you did wrong was posting your question in the 'Meets and Events' section. :D

T8 said:
Insert the key and turn it to position 1 before disconnecting the battery - negative terminal first.

ps. The other thing you did wrong was posting your question in the 'Meets and Events' section. :D

Thanks for info,

As soon as I pressed send I realised what I had done,senior moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back