Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Non identical twins

jkeith

I couldn't resist this photo opportunity - my '86 3.2 parked alongside an '86 turbo.

The turbo is an amazing car with only 9k miles on the clock! The owner spends a lot of time abroad.

Note the dramatic difference in the wheel arches.

Cheers, Keith.

Attachments

• twins_001a11_756.jpg
    twins_001a11_756.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11,312
  • twins_002a1_136.jpg
    twins_002a1_136.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 11,312
  • twins_003a1_763.jpg
    twins_003a1_763.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 11,312
  • twins_004a11_136.jpg
    twins_004a11_136.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 11,312
  • twins_005a1_851.jpg
    twins_005a1_851.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 11,312
Thanks HSC911, the pictures don't really do the turbo justice. As they are both Grand Prix white cars and the daylight factor was high, any photo kind of misses the full aspect of the body curves.

In the flesh, the turbo really works in this colour. It is stunning. Being such a silly low mileage car, the 'newness' of the rubbers and other non-painted surfaces really stand out. It had just been detailled but some paint correction would take this car into the very top catagory.

I shudder to think what price ticket it would wear if it was being retailled by a top dealer!

Cheers, Keith.

Steady Keith....you're not thinking of buying another one are you??

Out with one Turbo (944) in with another ... :grin:

It would certainly make a nice matching white set though....nice car(s)

John

Even selling a kidney would leave me well short of a realistic price for this car. With only 9k miles from new, it would be well over £150k of anyone's money.

An exceptional car.... Good job it's not for sale!

Cheers, Keith.

Very nice.I prefer the narrow body IB cars although I must say a 930 is a captivating drive if a little tiring. :thumbs:

Great photo's Keith. You didn't accidentally take the wrong one home?

kas750 - I know what you mean kas. I always felt the supersport and turbo cars were 'vulgar' with their really wide arches. However, this is the first grand prix white turbo car I've seen and it just seems to work?

The rarity and uber low mileage make this one very special.

Johnd52 - No risk there John, I wasn't able to drive the car. Happy to have had the photo opportunity. As a confirmed luddite, I was also pleased to have used paintbrush for the first time in order to hide the turbo number plates.

Cheers, Keith.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back