Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Joining the Centurion Club

LondonRob

100,000 miles - Saturday 10th June 2017 - Lake Balaton, Hungary 8)

1%20100k%20wide%20100617.jpg

2%20100k%20narrow%20100617.jpg

3%20Odo%20100617.jpg

4%20Lake%20Balaton%20panoramic%20100617.jpg

Doing it in style :thumbs:

Oh no..Rob drive it in the lake as it is no worthless....then maybe in 70 years it can be pulled out like the Bugatti in the Italian lake that sold for $360k!

Sounds like an interesting trip! Glad that Old Floppy didn't let you down. The Targa, I mean...

:floor:

You have silver instrument surrounds...why have I never noticed that before? Looks good...

Congrats. Will be joining myself over the course of my Le Mans and Alps roadtrip which starts, tomorrow! :)

Good work that man.
:thumb:

Chrome Instrument Rings

As per the title, Where did you get the chrome rings from.
Congrat on the 100,000 (looks like it been clocked) Ha ha!

Regards

Mark

:worship: Well done Rob, as we know it certainly has seen some quality miles.

They look like Walrod rings to me.

I've been following you guys on Twitter whilst on your tour.

Another Epic trip and well worth hitting 100k!!

I've 2 trips to the South of France in mine over the next 2 months. I'll put an extra 5k on the 996 hitting 120k by Christmas.......but it'll be worth every mile :thumb:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Cheers fellas. 3,500 miles and the 993 never missed a beat along the way.

Jamie, I have a suspicion that the Bugatti may have looked in better condition when pulled out of the Lake than my currently bug-splattered car. I'd post a pic but I think I'd be banned!

Toby, those trim rings aren't just for cosmetic effect - Targa 5% stiffer with them :hand:

I bought the instrument rings from Gert at Carnewal and followed Jontt's suggestion of fitting with blu-tack. Completely reversible and brightens up the dash although not to everyone's taste. I think Design911 stocks similar too. I hadn't heard of Walrod before - possibly they are all sourced from him?

jhr - enjoy Le Mans and the alps. Looking forward to seeing you hit the 100k mark too. :thumb:

Andy - couldn't agree more. There's something very reassuring about putting miles on these cars and them lapping it up. One minor issue on the road last year with a broken aux belt in Chimay - resolved in less than an hour thanks to several offers of donated belts (I think it's Millomboy's one that's on the car now?) and fitted by Colt over lunch so back on the road in no time. I've put 22,000 miles on my car now in 15 different countries. Looking forward to many more.

pzero said:
:worship: Well done Rob, as we know it certainly has seen some quality miles.
:grin:

Awesome! :D Any more photos from the roadtrip? You must have covered some serious distance... :thumb:

EDIT: we posted at the same time! 3.5k miles - wow! Congrats on hitting the big 100.

ch3tman said:
Awesome! :D Any more photos from the roadtrip? You must have covered some serious distance... :thumb:

EDIT: we posted at the same time! 3.5k miles - wow! Congrats on hitting the big 100.

Hi Chet - my pics aren't so great but I think there will be a thread up in the road trips forum in the coming weeks.

It's worth nothing now 🐂🐯

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back