Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 10
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 45
993 : 1993-1998 11
964 : 1989-1993 4
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: GT3/ Aerokit Bumper Reply with quote

Found this on Teile:

https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-shop/model-911-997/15/Body-parts/802A-Front-bumper/44/802-00-Front-bumper-Aero-Kit-CUP/Aero-Kit-CUP-GT3-Look-front-bumper-covering-with-headlight-washer-system/4100

Have been looking for a GT3 fount bumper for a while, seems like good value? Most I have seen on eBay are around £1k for second hand OEM items, mostly with some damage, or fibreglass items from Eastern Europe!

This is described as 'GT3 look', any idea what the difference might be? Also, what other bits might I need for fitting?

Cheers Thumb
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Alfaian
Hockenheim


Joined: 12 Mar 2014
Posts: 639
Location: S.wales


PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's because of copyright laws. Probably exactly the same look when on the car.

Minus Porsche tax of course.

You'll need the rubber lip by the looks and shouldn't it fit straight on Dont know

Sorry can't be any more help but that would look great on the car rob Cool
_________________
Arctic silver C2S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Robx
Trainee


Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Posts: 78
Location: Bournemouth


PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a decent price! You'll also need the left and right grill frames so that the inlets marry up to the radiators. Got mine from Porsche parts, think they were about 60 quid. You can swap the centre panel from the old bumper to the new one. I picked up a new one for about £30 from ebay a couple of weeks back as a spare. You'll also have to swap a couple of the fixings over, these were pretty easy, just drill off from the old bumper and rivet to the new one. I made some grills from mesh brought of ebay, best to install them when the bumper is off as its a pain to do once on the car. I can provide part numbers/pics and links if needed.

Cheers
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
elliot_holder
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 363
Location: Guildford


PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiele.com only sell OEM parts as far as I'm aware.
And that looks like a genuine Aerokit number.

Difference between it and a GT3 number is the 'smile' grill. Aero kit doesn't have this and therefore doesn't come with the support bracket fitted.
Doesn't stop you retrofitting one tho.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Fairly sure these are OEM parts on Teile, they also sell the side vent frames for €27 each, if the centre frame is a straight swap then that would be great! Thumb
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Fuji


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 9870
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, they only sell genuine parts the reason they say gt3 style is because its a genuine aero kit bumper not a GT3 one the difference is the smille grille as other have said . Its a good price .
as RoxX says you need to change the grille attachments left and right ctr is the same and you can use the blank plate if its a man or the grille surround if its a tip or has 3rd rad fitted.
you will also need the lower lip , mate buy original or at min Plastic not GRP and get the gt3 one not the cup one (no twin air flow holes) as its deeper and will catch on everything.
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Rob, they only sell genuine parts the reason they say gt3 style is because its a genuine aero kit bumper not a GT3 one the difference is the smille grille as other have said . Its a good price .
as RoxX says you need to change the grille attachments left and right ctr is the same and you can use the blank plate if its a man or the grille surround if its a tip or has 3rd rad fitted.
you will also need the lower lip , mate buy original or at min Plastic not GRP and get the gt3 one not the cup one (no twin air flow holes) as its deeper and will catch on everything.


Cheers Phil Thumb Thinking this will be my next project whilst I consider what to do with my Turbo wing and find a different solution for the air box!
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Dexterich
Monza


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Location: Nottingham uk


PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob. I recently fitted the aerokit front PU, bought it from Porsche notts at £911.81 (yes really - I didnt make that number up!) - looks exactly like the Teile i.e. Porsche OEM. This included the lower lip and everything needed to fit it - they even shipped it to the paint shop for me. I reckon that one you spotted is £725 + shipping, say £75 + lower lip which I think is about £200 = £1000.
It maybe worth checking what they include in the box, if it's everthing then its a good deal.
_________________
2004 997.1
C2S, Black, Tiptronic
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Phil 997
Fuji


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 9870
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexterich wrote:
Hi Rob. I recently fitted the aerokit front PU, bought it from Porsche notts at £911.81 (yes really - I didnt make that number up!) - looks exactly like the Teile i.e. Porsche OEM. This included the lower lip and everything needed to fit it - they even shipped it to the paint shop for me. I reckon that one you spotted is £725 + shipping, say £75 + lower lip which I think is about £200 = £1000.
It maybe worth checking what they include in the box, if it's everthing then its a good deal.


Rob, worth the call mate as the lower lip is £200 the vent surrounds another £60 the pair so yes running close to 1k if the opc is cheaper for everything its a no brainer. Thumb good call Dexterich Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ch eers guys, I am fairly certain its is the bumper only as they sell all the other bits too! But will check first before I order!

Worthwhile checking Porsche prices too then! Thumb
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
robbiej
Silverstone


Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 141



PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just sprayed this at the Independent and really they should have stripped it down as there is micro cracks even though its a new part.

I purchased new skin, splitter, side brackets and grills all from teile around 1200euros landed
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbiej wrote:
they just sprayed this at the Independent and really they should have stripped it down as there is micro cracks even though its a new part.

I purchased new skin, splitter, side brackets and grills all from teile around 1200euros landed


Micro cracks? I am guessing they probably come primed but they will still need to be rubbed down and well primed again before base and top coat! Maybe they over heated it to cure, new paint is pretty flexible so it would be unusual for cracks to appear so soon! Will they re-do it for you?

I will be painting mine myself, the paint I had mixed for my wing/decklid is a perfect match so I am more confident now to paint the front end Thumb
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
robbiej
Silverstone


Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 141



PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like they are re-painting but painter claimed it was because they were pattern parts which they are not. The indi is fighting the corner

looks like a complete rub down is in order....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbiej wrote:
looks like they are re-painting but painter claimed it was because they were pattern parts which they are not. The indi is fighting the corner

looks like a complete rub down is in order....


Sounds to me like they haven't prepped it properly and used a good quality primer that would have a flex additive. I'm not sure if these parts are pre primed, even if they are they would still need to clean thoroughly, wet sand and apply a good coat or two of primer.

Are they a decent body shop outfit?
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
robbiej
Silverstone


Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 141



PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will see...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Dexterich wrote:
Hi Rob. I recently fitted the aerokit front PU, bought it from Porsche notts at £911.81 (yes really - I didnt make that number up!) - looks exactly like the Teile i.e. Porsche OEM. This included the lower lip and everything needed to fit it - they even shipped it to the paint shop for me. I reckon that one you spotted is £725 + shipping, say £75 + lower lip which I think is about £200 = £1000.
It maybe worth checking what they include in the box, if it's everthing then its a good deal.


Rob, worth the call mate as the lower lip is £200 the vent surrounds another £60 the pair so yes running close to 1k if the opc is cheaper for everything its a no brainer. Thumb good call Dexterich Thumb Thumb


Just getting prices sorted for the bumper now form Porsche Notts! Quite a choice of spoiler lips, is the Aerokit one that much lower that the GT3? I do quite like the one with the vents in but a bit concerned as my next mod will be lowering with Ohlins R&T!!

Any pics people have would be greatly appreciated Thumb

Are there any decent aftermarket spoiler lips available in rubber?
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DucatiRob wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Dexterich wrote:
Hi Rob. I recently fitted the aerokit front PU, bought it from Porsche notts at £911.81 (yes really - I didnt make that number up!) - looks exactly like the Teile i.e. Porsche OEM. This included the lower lip and everything needed to fit it - they even shipped it to the paint shop for me. I reckon that one you spotted is £725 + shipping, say £75 + lower lip which I think is about £200 = £1000.
It maybe worth checking what they include in the box, if it's everthing then its a good deal.


Rob, worth the call mate as the lower lip is £200 the vent surrounds another £60 the pair so yes running close to 1k if the opc is cheaper for everything its a no brainer. Thumb good call Dexterich Thumb Thumb


Just getting prices sorted for the bumper now form Porsche Notts! Quite a choice of spoiler lips, is the Aerokit one that much lower that the GT3? I do quite like the one with the vents in but a bit concerned as my next mod will be lowering with Ohlins R&T!!

Any pics people have would be greatly appreciated Thumb

Are there any decent aftermarket spoiler lips available in rubber?



I got a price from Porsche Notts but not cheap! £2,200 for just the bumper Surprised
They did say that the part number I'd quoted was not the one supplied recently! I'd asked for P/n 99750596109 which is priced at 832€ on the Teile site!
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Dexterich
Monza


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 152
Location: Nottingham uk


PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, part number I bought from porsche notts was 997.044.802.32 "front apron aer" £799.84 +vat. Everything I needed in the box, although there was no discussion on options for the lower lip (it has one vent either side).
Just guessing that your part maybe genuine gt3 and not aero - although I cannot see a difference?
_________________
2004 997.1
C2S, Black, Tiptronic
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexterich wrote:
Hi Rob, part number I bought from porsche notts was 997.044.802.32 "front apron aer" £799.84 +vat. Everything I needed in the box, although there was no discussion on options for the lower lip (it has one vent either side).
Just guessing that your part maybe genuine gt3 and not aero - although I cannot see a difference?


Thanks for this Thumb I will check it out. The item I quoted the number for is definitely just and Aero and doesn't have the smile vent like the GT3, according to the Teile site anyway!
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DucatiRob
Suzuka


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1225
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexterich wrote:
Hi Rob, part number I bought from porsche notts was 997.044.802.32 "front apron aer" £799.84 +vat. Everything I needed in the box, although there was no discussion on options for the lower lip (it has one vent either side).
Just guessing that your part maybe genuine gt3 and not aero - although I cannot see a difference?


Confused.com Dont know

Can't find that par number on Teile bust have found it on Design911 at £919 + VAT. Same with all the bits including spoiler!

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod13820/Front-Bumper-with-Lower-Spoiler-Aero-Porsche-997-2004-08--OE-Part-No-99704480202---99704480203-99704480232/

The also have this:

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod2323/Front-Bumper-Aero-Porsche-997-2004-08--OE-Part-No-99750596100---99750596101-/

Looks exactly the same, but is just the bumper only without the spoiler at £1,856 + VAT (oddly cheaper with headlamp washer than without!). This also has the same part number as the one on Teile that is only 832 Euros!!


https://teile.com/en/porsche-parts-shop/model-911-997/15/Body-parts/802A-Front-bumper/44/802-00-Front-bumper-Aero-Kit-CUP/Aero-Kit-CUP-GT3-Look-front-bumper-covering-without-headlight-washer-system/14218

Anyone have any idea what the difference might be?
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum