Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My C4s Hack

cliffbase

Monza
Having had my beautiful car for a few weeks now, I still miss the sound from my gen1.

I had the Miltek centre bypass pipes fitted, but still feel I want more....

A few £ invested in precious metal and a set of rear boxes arrived, I ordered some stainless 45mm bends and got to work.

Some pics so far.

I have now sent them via a friend to be tig welded up.

Will keep you updated with Progress

Cliff. :thumb:

Attachments

• c4s_7_315.png
    c4s_7_315.png
    660.9 KB · Views: 5,208
  • hack_1_212.png
    hack_1_212.png
    689.7 KB · Views: 5,208
  • hack_2_158.png
    hack_2_158.png
    648.1 KB · Views: 5,208
  • hack_3_359.png
    hack_3_359.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 5,208
  • hack_4_874.png
    hack_4_874.png
    574.8 KB · Views: 5,208
  • hack_5_781.png
    hack_5_781.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 5,208
I like your work :)

Are gen 1's really that little bit louder than Gen 2's?

I'm venturing down the exhaust route soon, be interested to hear what yours sounds like with the primary muffler delete and some rear box handy work

Mine was the 3.6 but was definitely more "burbly".

I may be trying to find eutopia, i want to hear it more in the car without it being tiresome. I thought id try this and see! I can always swap back if its rubbish.

James, are you going to Donnington on July 2nd?

If so you are very welcome to see & hear it there. I dont see any reason why i dont have it on & sorted by then - unless its ridiculous & ive swapped back!

Cliff

:yes:

I sure am.

Look forward to hearing it. :thumb:

James

I finally had he silencers welded and thought ill make a start at fitting them this eve.

I did the usual google searches and confirm it was a reasonably easy job. Made easier due to having the bypass pipes recently fitted so all the nuts & bolts were new & not seized up.

My life was made easier by having a universal joint 13mm socket, the rear brackets are tricky to get hands/fingers on, especially the o/s.

I can confirm that the rear bumper and wheels do not need to b removed, I didn't touch mine & had both changed in just over an hour.

So long as you jack up the rear of the car so you have about 5" under the rear tyres there is plenty of room.

A road test was then in order

:D

At low revs/idle there is very little difference, maybe a little deeper but nothing anywhere near offensive. Once the engine was warm I enjoyed some spirited driving with the windows open. Over 3-4000rpm there is a clear difference, not so much louder (from in the car at least) but deeper & more purposeful. In my humble opinion a much better noise than an M3. it was the one thing I disliked about my M3, the very metallic rasp when opened up.

Am I happy, yes, is it perfect, maybe for me not yet.
I have been surrounded by Ferraris & Aston Martins today, all of which make what I would call a proper noise. Mine may be more classy but there is still a part of me wanting more. I need to stand and listen as someone else does a drive by as I think it would now sound very good.

I guess I'm left with a couple of questions for you clever chaps, does anyone know if the bypass & gundo is acoustically the same as standard PSE?

Has anyone have any experience with the Topgear valvetronic system? Id rather only play with the cats back at this point.

Perhaps I am on a quest to find the impossible, each persons perceptions & thoughts are different and I may never find exactly what I'm looking for, but for now, I'm happier than I was 3 hours ago

:D

Grass is looking a bit parched... :duh:

I think you're like me, just want the rumble of a v8/v10/v12.

I did manage to set off a car alarm when pulling out of a parking space the other day, which amused me.

It's better to be slightly underwhelmed and the sound to grow on you, than for it to be chavvy and embarrassing...

Cliff, I forgot to ask (or can't remember), what diameter were the welded pipes?

The sound was perfect. Thanks again for the demo.

Hi James, I used 45mm (1"3/4).
Thanks, I'm happy with it & have now stopped looking for a PSE exhaust!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back