Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buckets are rare in a turbo but could you live with the red?

Bund

Montreal
I see this for sale before, I'm always on the look for a car with buckets but last time I thought I couldn't live with the red but now I quite like it with the navy.

For same price though there is another 7.2 Turbo with standard seats and 30k less miles.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705185567856

it really depends on your annual mileage

they aren't as hard as fixed buckets but it all depends on your fit

Thanks for pointing me to that thread.

I would want to know more about the map(been and gone)and I guess that's porsche warranty out the window?

Always liked Webber.

Re: Buckets are rare in a turbo but could you live with the

Bund said:
I see this for sale before, I'm always on the look for a car with buckets but last time I thought I couldn't live with the red but now I quite like it with the navy.

For same price though there is another 7.2 Turbo with standard seats and 30k less miles.

That was Greggs car, forum member.

It did has an ES tune and exhaust on the car.

Had around 48k miles when he bought it, looks far better in the flesh than the photos, especially the red interior.

I've been out in the car a few months ago.

Here's some more info on the car

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1214091&highlight=#1214091

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1246111&highlight=#1246111

It's a solid car, to my knowledge Greg didn't have a single issue with it while he had it, interior looks a lot better in the flesh...

Again thanks for the links, so it was Targa florio i see it for sale with last year. I cant remember how much it was up for last time. I wouldn't be paying more for a car with more miles and unable to have a Porsche warranty on it(I'm assuming it cant).

I read through the links but didn't see that the ES kit has been removed?

Re: Buckets are rare in a turbo but could you live with the

Bikeracer1098 said:
Bund said:

That was Greggs car, forum member.

It did has an ES tune and exhaust on the car.

Had around 48k miles when he bought it, looks far better in the flesh than the photos, especially the red interior.

I've been out in the car a few months ago.

Here's some more info on the car

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1214091&highlight=#1214091

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1246111&highlight=#1246111

Is it possible Greg still owns it and its on SOR? I'll send him a message, hopefully he wont mind.

You are 100% correct about the warranty situation. The changes resulting from the remap will still be logged in the DME data, and (in theory) should be picked up during the 101-point check - it may have already been logged if the car had been in post-remap.

Cheers, Gregs messaged back and happy to chat. I think the 69 is too much but best to see if it hangs about and then they maybe more likely to negotiate and perhaps ill put my X50 up for sale, just after paying a nice big bill for someone. haha

Graemep said:
You are 100% correct about the warranty situation. The changes resulting from the remap will still be logged in the DME data, and (in theory) should be picked up during the 101-point check - it may have already been logged if the car had been in post-remap.

That's not true, the 101 point check will not pick up the remap.

Porsche OPC would have to send Porsche Germany a copy to establish that the car has been remapped.

Whether they would do that is anyone's guess

Bund said:
Again thanks for the links, so it was Targa florio i see it for sale with last year. I cant remember how much it was up for last time. I wouldn't be paying more for a car with more miles and unable to have a Porsche warranty on it(I'm assuming it cant).

I read through the links but didn't see that the ES kit has been removed?

From the photos it certainly looks like the ES exhaust has been removed, best speak to Greg.

Bund said:
Cheers, Gregs messaged back and happy to chat. I think the 69 is too much but best to see if it hangs about and then they maybe more likely to negotiate and perhaps ill put my X50 up for sale, just after paying a nice big bill for someone. haha

At least you've enjoyed significant gains in the value of your 996 turbo X50 during the last few years.

This should significantly pay towards the 997.2 turbo :thumb:

Bikeracer1098 said:
Bund said:

At least you've enjoyed significant gains in the value of your 996 turbo X50 during the last few years.

You would have thought so but you know what it's like, I've spent about £7.5k on bringing it up to great visual and mechanical condition and then another £1100/1300 on servicing and tyres when they go on and £1200 on storage before I had my garage finished. I'm putting it up for 45 but even that wouldn't soften the 69 enough 😀

Could have a blue turbo s cab for 10k more than this advertised price.

Bund said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
Bund said:

You would have thought so but you know what it's like, I've spent about £7.5k on bringing it up to great visual and mechanical condition and then another £1100/1300 on servicing and tyres when they go on and £1200 on storage before I had my garage finished. I'm putting it up for 45 but even that wouldn't soften the 69 enough 😀

Agree, it's so easy to spend large amounts on these cars.

Looking at it positively that around £24k to upgrade.

3 years ago ish back when the 996turbo x50 were £25-£30k and the 997.2 turbo was £75k-£80k the cost of upgrading would have been £50k, so it's still a positive outcome, especially if you can get the car closer to £65k. What about the white 997.2 turbo with buckets and Aerokit at JZM? Is that car still available?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back