Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Panel Console Fitment PSE -----

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Hi all, ok am looking to fit my PSE switch panel this weekend, what i would like to know is how to take panels off,

I need to take the steering wheel under cover off to carry out a mod, how does this come off??

Also the small side panels left and right so i can access the front and fit a new PSE switch panel, how does this come off, is it easy to come out??

Cheers

J

I think you are referring to the leather panels on the side of the centre console etc.

This MA Carbon centre console youtube video should help as it covers removing the side panels etc. Quite a few hidden screws and interlocking parts like the small cubby in front of gear stick / under the switches etc. Take your time and have plenty of brews as its simple once you know the process, but some bits are quite tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKjNUj77FM

Not sure if you will have to take the top gear surround with the soft touch paint off, but work from the front of that under the dash with suitable plastic separators etc as its easy to break the clips underneath or scratch the trim etc.

No idea on the steering wheel cover, sorry.

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes am refering to the two side leathet panels and also the large cover under the dashboardand the light switch is mounted on the cover, this is the cover i need to also take off,,,

Cheers

J

Hi. The bottom of the two leather panels will release with a pull forwards away from the dash once you take out the 4 screws at the back as per the video. They have some clips holding the front on rather than screws. Note that The top will stay in place like they are hinged if that makes sense. This will be fine for what you need to do and when you paint the consol as per the other thread.

Never worked on the large cover part.

Steering wheel feel under the bottom you will feel/see either a small hole or a small nipple if nipple it means the wheel has never been off and you need to make a tiny hole.
Push a long thing screwdriver up the hole until you feel solid . this should be the loosening bolt push it and the airbag should spring up take that off and you will see the bolt to undo , job done

Phil 997 said:
Steering wheel feel under the bottom you will feel/see either a small hole or a small nipple if nipple it means the wheel has never been off and you need to make a tiny hole.
Push a long thing screwdriver up the hole until you feel solid . this should be the loosening bolt push it and the airbag should spring up take that off and you will see the bolt to undo , job done

Hi phil, thanks for your reply back, what i ment about cover under the steering wheel is i ment the large cover the complete cowling where the light saitch fitment is on, i want to get access go the start switch on the clutch if it makes sence? Not the small steering wheel cowling!!

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:

Hi phil, thanks for your reply back, what i ment about cover under the steering wheel is i ment the large cover the complete cowling where the light saitch fitment is on, i want to get access go the start switch on the clutch if it makes sence? Not the small steering wheel cowling!!

Cheers

J

Aha sorry J I misunderstood mate :thumb:

I recently covered my lower dash in alcantara and used this guide to remove the piece you are referring to.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/29997-gt3-alcantara-lower-dash-installed.html

As others have said, take your time and don't get frustrated - that's when things brake!!

The tricky piece was removing the trim below the instrument cluster - there isn't much to get hold of - you need to pull if straight back towards you - there is one screw behind it you need to remove to get the panel out.
Rest was ok as I recall. The light switch was a bit weird - you push it in and turn anti clockwise (I think!).

Enjoy!

rob_p said:
I recently covered my lower dash in alcantara and used this guide to remove the piece you are referring to.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/29997-gt3-alcantara-lower-dash-installed.html

As others have said, take your time and don't get frustrated - that's when things brake!!

The tricky piece was removing the trim below the instrument cluster - there isn't much to get hold of - you need to pull if straight back towards you - there is one screw behind it you need to remove to get the panel out.
Rest was ok as I recall. The light switch was a bit weird - you push it in and turn anti clockwise (I think!).

Enjoy!

hi rob, thanks for your reply, it took me like `5 mins to take the short panels of each side of the stereo and done what i had to do, however the lower undertray i seem to have some problems, i can see torx screws about 5 which i took off and the under tray is alittle loose but more tighter towards the light switch area, ddt wana force it so i finally decide to leave and gather more info.. is there any more torx screws need to be loosen around that area?

any pointers would be great.

thanks

j

There are 3 possible areas.
1) you need to pull the small piece off horizontal trim off which is directly below the instrument cluster and above the steering wheel. Drop the steering wheel as low as it will go and get your fingers around it and pull straight towards you. Mine came out enough to remove the screw which is towards the RHS of the trim (I didn't need to completely remove the piece of trim -once lose you can lift it a bit). There is only one screw you need to remove here - there are 2 more for the cluster itself - these can stay in.

2) you need to remove the light switch (push in and turn left) - there are several screws behind there.

3) you need to remove the piece of plastic trim on the end of the panel (faces into the door). The trim pulls out. Under there are 2 more screws from memory.

I think the guide has all of that included but it was a bit tricky to follow!

Good luck
Rob

hi rob thanks for your reply back, ill give this a try tommorow, cant believe how much hassel it is just to take thw lower dash cover off, ill go by your steps and see what happens, will post back!!

cheers

j

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back