Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 S v 996 T

jpsh120

I appreciate the looks of the 996 divide opinion but would it be a no brainier to switch from a 997.1 Carrera S to a 996 turbo?

Anyone got experience of the 2?

I'm assuming you really want a 997.1 Turbo?

They're two completely different cars. i.e Not only do they look different they drive completely differently.

The only way to know which suits an individuals needs is to drive both.

I owned a 997 C2s tip cab 10+ years ago and now have a 996 Turbo man coupe, clearly they're very different as you know, Im probably alone but I prefer the interior of the 996 and especially if the car has the centre console delete.

I dont think they're in the same price bracket now but id have the turbo now hands down. Funnily when i bought the C2s i probably could of bought a 1-2 year old Turbo but didnt consider it then.

GT4 said:

Ha ha, actually what I REALLY want is 997 GT3 but don't have enough dosh!!

GT4 said:

I see a manual 88k mile 997 Turbo yesterday on auto-trader for around £44k.

Personally given the choice I think I'd go with the 996 turbo. Its superior engine and power are a small price to pay for not having round head lights :)

apollokre1d said:
Personally given the choice I think I'd go with the 996 turbo. Its superior engine and power are a small price to pay for not having round head lights :)

I could have bought either but i chose the non round lights as I think the Turbo vents and wheels of the 997 are awful and would of been my 3rd 997 and i grew bored of the steering wheel and nav area.

Bund said:
I could have bought either but i chose the non round lights as I think the Turbo vents and wheels of the 997 are awful and would of been my 3rd 997 and i grew bored of the steering wheel and nav area.

:? A 997.1S hasn't got vents or Turbo wheels.

jpsh120 said:
GT4 said:

Then the 996 Turbo is the wrong car.

Bund said:
apollokre1d said:

The 997 turbo vents never really bothered me but I did change all 5 wheels. Mind you the 997.1 GT3 wheel is not much different apart from the alcantara so I can't say that bothered me but it is an improvement over the triangle shaped one which did :)

T8 said:
Bund said:

:? A 997.1S hasn't got vents or Turbo wheels.

:) That was in reference to GT4 saying the guy actually may want the 997 Turbo, I was just saying that i chose the 996 Turbo out of choice.

I do wish id found a 997 1.5 Turbo though, wheels are an easy change and the air intakes again are not that bad, guess i just wanted what I wanted at the time.

GT4 said:
jpsh120 said:
GT4 said:

Then the 996 Turbo is the wrong car.

Quite possibly but then life is all about compromise. Well mine is anyway :sad:

But when you can't have cheese, it's best not to eat chalk.

GT4 said:
But when you can't have cheese, it's best not to eat chalk.

I can honestly say i've never heard that one before!!! :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back