Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts on this one.

Looks good, agree on the wheels though. Even in silver they're not to my taste.

Daz, looks like a decent car, lapis blue is a popular colour its had the induction sports mod done , I am not a lover of Techarts styling kits and alloys find them a bit bulky looking although the front lip is nice , alloys are easy to change as are the side skirts if you hate them. the all important thing is the Hartech rebuild give baz or grant a call with the cars reg they can tell you what was done and what wasnt. but it looks the right sort of money for a gen1S 70odd K on the clock

The rebuild was not all 6 cylinders but it was the main problem ones 4,5 and6 it also got a new tandem pump which is a good thing and will save a future £500 bill

Yeah I'm looking for one that's had a rebuild so it's one less worry.

I've considered buying one without been rebuilt, get the bores checked but then surely it could happen while I have the car. There are a few 50k miles ones round that are about the same price too.

Like this one, not had rebuilt but low miles.

Tough call which way to go.

I'm sure resale would be easier on one that's had a rebuild.

daz parker said:
Like this one, not had rebuilt but low miles.

Tough call which way to go.

I'm sure resale would be easier on one that's had a rebuild.

:dont know: :?:

That's the one that's been for sale for about a year now on ebay - there was suspicion about how genuine the wheels where amongst other things. There is a separate thread about it on here

Pearcy said:
That's the one that's been for sale for about a year now on ebay - there was suspicion about how genuine the wheels where amongst other things. There is a separate thread about it on here

i thought it looked familiar... :?:

Sorry chaps if this one has been discussed before it's new to my radar.

Maybe I should of done less research and just bought one as I'm getting paranoid over them now.

I do have some on my eBay watch list that have been for sale for ages so kinda puts me off getting one as I change my cars every year and wouldn't want to get stuck with one (or I'll love it and not sell it of course)

I think this is a typical case of someone who has spent far to many £'s on styling mods assuming they will get those £'s back when they sell, the reality being you don't and even puts people like me off as I think they've thrashed the crap out of it. Without the mods, it's a £22k car even with the rebuild. Has indeed been for sale for ages.

All 911's sell at reasonable prices, this one doesn't have a reasonable price! Trick is to buy one at the right, fair, price.

Don't get carried away on the whole "it's going to blow up" thing. Buy a good one, enjoy it, get a warranty if you want peace of mind.

While the issue of bore score is reduced by replacing liners in bank 2, the invoice makes no reference to the IMS upgrade. Wound have thought this is a MUST of the engine is in pieces.

Phil 997 said:
The rebuild was not all 6 cylinders but it was the main problem ones 4,5 and6 it also got a new tandem pump which is a good thing and will save a future £500 bill

It is advertised as a "Full Engine Rebuild"?

Is it the norm to just replace 3 cylinder liners?

Seems silly not to do them all when the engine is split?

Would it have cost a lot more to do the other 3?

Seems like a job on a budget to me?

GARY S said:
While the issue of bore score is reduced by replacing liners in bank 2, the invoice makes no reference to the IMS upgrade. Wound have thought this is a MUST of the engine is in pieces.

It's a late 2005 car (because it's a 55 plate, not an 05) so it might well not need the new IMS as it could well have it already.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back