Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Manifold 997 Carrera 4s Gen2

chicb

Monza
The exhaust manifolds on my 2009 997 Carrera 4s Gen 2 are pretty squashed
I am looking for a new pair & think it would be better having Stainless steel ones. Can anyone recommend a supplier of these.
The rest of the exhaust probably needs changing as well. I am quite happy with the standard type switchable exhaust but if I can get it in Stainless as well it would be good. Any suppliers of this also
I am new to Porsche ownership so any good advice would be appreciated

Take a look at www.topgear.co.uk. They get a lot of good press on here and appear to be a great company to deal with as well.

Martian said:
Squashed? :?
Intriguing.

Don't want to worry you OP, but there was a Gen 2 with squashed manifolds and bore scoring, presumably due to the restricted gas flow.

How did they get squashed? Any other damage?

It was with the previous owner, think he straddled speed bumps. No other damage

Ah. That's pretty surprising, never heard of that before.
Watch out if gas flow is impacted, that'll get very pricey fast.

On a gen2 arent the headers and the cats a one piece unit, OP do you mean the cats (small fat boxes at the end of the 2 x3branch manifolds) are squashed or do you actually mean the 2x3 branch manifold coming down from the engine is squashed :eek: if your replacing the header/cat section suggest you consider 200cell cats in stainless they are lighter , sound better and give performance gains. :thumb: :thumb:

Mine were the other squashed pair... Engine was repaired with Hartech. Baz isn't convinced that this was the reason for failure.

Headers fall below the rest of the engine so if you bottom out there is a danger of them being crushed.. mine was last used in Italy and I think the owner drive down a high curb ..

Yes, on the gen 2 the cats and headers are 1 unit so pricey...

Forgot to say... I bought a 2nd hand set on eBay. Actually found a full PSE including headers for less than new manifolds...

If you search for 3rd party versions you need to buy a set with cats...

Thanks for all replies, its the manifold pipework that's squashed. Had a look at Topgear site, they have them but out of stock. Will have to ensure cats are built in when I finally source them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back