Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rev report what does this tell you

tgdesign

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Guys
I have attached a rev report , what does this one tell you about this car. :?:

Attachments

• img_5292_755.jpg
    img_5292_755.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 6,182
Tells me that it hasn't been driven fast enough :floor:

:grin:

That it's probably done c.50k miles, and won't get a Porsche warranty with those over revs?

I suspect the 114 figure will be an issue if you want an OPC warranty on the car.....

Anything in RR5 would indicate serious thrashage.... My go to SE at my local OPC told me they won't touch anything with RR4 ventured into.
This type of thing is much more common the manuals. This one would appear to have had a 'money shift' or two applied to it. I'd be inclined to dig deeper. RR report looks pretty grim.

"Anything in RR5 would indicate serious thrashage.... My go to SE at my local OPC told me they won't touch anything with RR4 ventured into. "

Not entirely true, you can get spurious very low single digit indications in The higher rev ranges and OPC will provide a warranty in these cases. 911Virgin info explains further.

Forgot to mention, looks like it was abused early on in life - at least a few missed gear changes there.
That said, it was a far few miles ago.
Others out there imo.

RR 4-5-6 (ie beyond the limiter) are the nasties Re. putting a Porsche warranty on a car.
Its all done on a case by case basis but given the fact this car has covered around 1500 operating hours since the over rev activity in RR4 and 5, i don't think an OPC would have a problem accepting it onto a Porsche scheme unless it has been remapped.
There really aren't that many over revs in the critical ranges here.
Once 200 operating hours have elapsed since the last recorded over rev activity (in 4,5,6) Porsche deem that to be acceptable so long as there aren't too many.
114 ignitions in RR 5 equates to around .25 of a second beyond the limiter.
205 ignitions in RR4 is around .5 of a second, so that is basically just one missed shift i reckon.

The only issue I can see from this report is that there is a hell of a lot of activity actually AT and slightly above the limiter i.e RR 1-2-3
Because of this Porsche might reject a warranty request or may ask to carry out a compression & leak down test before accepting.

marconorth said:
RR 4-5-6 (ie beyond the limiter) are the nasties Re. putting a Porsche warranty on a car.
Its all done on a case by case basis but given the fact this car has covered around 1500 operating hours since the over rev activity in RR4 and 5, i don't think an OPC would have a problem accepting it onto a Porsche scheme unless it has been remapped.
There really aren't that many over revs in the critical ranges here.
Once 200 operating hours have elapsed since the last recorded over rev activity (in 4,5,6) Porsche deem that to be acceptable so long as there aren't too many.
114 ignitions in RR 5 equates to around .25 of a second beyond the limiter.
205 ignitions in RR4 is around .5 of a second, so that is basically just one missed shift i reckon.

The only issue I can see from this report is that there is a hell of a lot of activity actually AT and slightly above the limiter i.e RR 1-2-3
Because of this Porsche might reject a warranty request or may ask to carry out a compression & leak down test before accepting.

On closer inspection of this report i can see that this 997T has been remapped. Recall campaigns 3 and 4 should read as a line of zeros if the DME remains untouched.

This is what Porsche say

If reference to our conversation and the information you have supplied for the vehicle for the rev ranges / warranty

We would have to carry out engine compression test and check the oil filter for swarf, (costs would be incurred for this check ) then recheck the rev ranges to make sure nothing had occurred since the last check and carry out the 111 point, if it passes all of the above and you've owned the vehicle for 90 days or longer & has the correct OPC service history - then hopefully we will be able to put a warranty on this vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back