Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why the 996 Generation Porsche 911 Will Never Be Collectible

HSC911

Don't
shoot.gif
me yet....saw this on Faceache:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ration-porsche-911-will-never-be-collectible/

hahano.gif

Interesting article.
I wonder what will happen to the Turbo S's.
I've had a fair few people taking much interest in mine- I believe time will tell!

He didn't include the Mk1 GT3 either which is a mistake.

Not really a mistake.

The 996 Gen1 GT3 was never sold in the US.

... although that would make it quite rare :?:

Lost all credibility when he mentioned 'Mustang' and 'Porsche' in the same paragraph.....

955matt said:
Targa's as i think there was only 2000 made :eek: :eek:

They are comparatively rare but I believe 5,142 was the production figure.

Sound advice. Probably the point I agree with the most are his comments on the role of electric cars on the future values of petrol powered cars.

996s are still a great performance car bargain none the less if bought with your eyes wide open so not all doom and gloom.

Well, that's it then. We might as well all sell up now and buy a Mustang.

MC

GT4 said:
Not really a mistake.

The 996 Gen1 GT3 was never sold in the US.

... although that would make it quite rare :?:

That would explain that then. :)

Well I bought my 2003 C2 cabriolet to drive, keep and enjoy. If I'd wanted "collectible" I'd've sprung for something rarer at £50k plus. Tired interiors and faded paintwork? At 14 years old the only signs of wear inside mine is slight scuffs on the gear lever and the paintwork is perfect.
As for those "fried eggs" he bangs on about as coming from the Boxster, they actually came from the GT1 so quite cool heritage in my opinion.
So for less than the cost of a crushingly boring diesel estate I have a superbly engineered sports car that puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up and go for a drive.
Not collectible? Bothered.

dombo said:
Well I bought my 2003 C2 cabriolet to drive, keep and enjoy. If I'd wanted "collectible" I'd've sprung for something rarer at £50k plus. Tired interiors and faded paintwork? At 14 years old the only signs of wear inside mine is slight scuffs on the gear lever and the paintwork is perfect.
As for those "fried eggs" he bangs on about as coming from the Boxster, they actually came from the GT1 so quite cool heritage in my opinion.
So for less than the cost of a crushingly boring diesel estate I have a superbly engineered sports car that puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up and go for a drive.
Not collectible? Bothered.

:bow: :agree: :bow:

I've not heard of interiors fading, my previous c2 with savanna didn't look faded after 15 years when I sold it. To the best of my knowledge nothing had been replaced to keep it like that (interior wise).

Those 'purists' again!! :pc:

This chap in America seems to get it.. Most Porsche "purists" hate the 996 model Porsche 911. But they're wrong -- it's actually the very best Porsche 911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr2dzAZEhk4

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back