Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wurth A/C Disinfectant Spray Cleaner

Poker2009

Suzuka
A/C has an awful smell when I first turn it on for a few seconds.

Does anyone know exactly where this would need to be sprayed in our cars?

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
SWITCH OFF AIR CONDITIONING AND VENTILATION.
INSERT NOZZLE INTO CONDENSATE DRAIN HOLE.
SPRAY APPROX 1/2 CAN (30 SECONDS).
LEAVE TO WORK FOR 10 MINS BEFORE RESTARTING AIR CONDITIONING.

Attachments

• s_l1600_193.jpg
    s_l1600_193.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 7,213
I periodically use a similar product, spray into all of the air vents, leave for 10 minutes, restart and drive for a mile or so before switching A/C back on again.

I use 'Normfest Viro', around £4 per tin from Euro Car Parts.

I always spray a small amount into the air con filter housing before fitting filter. Spray into ducting and use the rest to recirculate as per instructions on can

Thanks - so it comes with a long hose, do I just feed that into any one of the air vents, and empty out half of the can?

I would only put small amount in vents etc and leave majority to circulate with system set on recirc

I think this would perhaps work better if you remove pollen filter and spray into the cabin air intake
5 mins max.

jonno_ said:
I think this would perhaps work better if you remove pollen filter and spray into the cabin air intake
5 mins max.

So you mean not bother with the long hose and air vents?

On their website, it says to "insert the spray probe into the condensate drain" - not really understanding where that is!

A 30 seconds spray, will use half the contents - and can be used for two applications.

isn't it under the car, where you get a puddle when the air con has been running?

You're making a really simple job complicated.

1. With ignition on, turn to recirculate, then turn fan to off, then switch ignition off.

2. Spray third to half a can into all vents, side, centre and floor. If you want to remove your pollen filter and spray in there as well, it's up to you, but not necessary.

3. Leave for 10-15 minutes then whilst the climate is off, drive for about a mile.

4. After a mile or so, switch on climate (with AC) and turn off recirculate.

5. Job done.

hedgehogsdad said:
isn't it under the car, where you get a puddle when the air con has been running?

Indeed it is and the smell is caused by a build up of stagnant moisture on the evaporator vanes sometimes to the tune of a tramps well worn sock :what:

Do as Martian says and on recirc that should sort it as the alternative type is the 'bomb' which fumes the incide of the car and passes through the system on recirc.

:hand: Top tip never turn off climate function it is designed to work all year round (except very low temps when the safety feature kicks out the AC). Lack of frequent use allows the build of crap. Cars have an 'Auto' button for a reason so let it do its work. You'll also preserve the integrity of the system, the seals and working parts. :thumb:

There's a reason I will only buy a car with 'climate' (not manual AC) and never turn it off :grin:

IMHO AC affecting mpg is minimal in modern cars and I doubt gaining an extra small percentage fuel saving is a priority for most.

It doesn't work. I've tried various products and the smell always returns......

Had a similar problem so I let my detailer use the `bomb` type, Smell hasn`t come back after 5 months.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back