Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CLK63 AMG black series

RJW1881

Test drove one today and seriously tempted to buy it. Planning on keeping the turbo so this will be an addition.

Anybody that can offer any insight into the ownership of one of these beast would be greatly appreciated.

RJW1881 said:
Test drove one today and seriously tempted to buy it. Planning on keeping the turbo so this will be an addition.

Anybody that can offer any insight into the ownership of one of these beast would be greatly appreciated.

This has been on my list for a while, missed out on a crazy low mileage one at Bramleys a few years ago and Furlonger have a 25K mile one i've been drooling over for a while...

Get it otherwise my finger is on the trigger for one too...

Alam said:
RJW1881 said:

This has been on my list for a while, missed out on a crazy low mileage one at Bramleys a few years ago and Furlonger have a 25K mile one i've been drooling over for a while...

Get it otherwise my finger is on the trigger for one too...

Furlonger is where I've been today, 300 mile round trip! The car is not perfect but as they only brought 25 RHD to the U.K. and this is currently the only one for sale I'm not exactly spoilt for choice!

What was wrong with it if you don't mind me asking?

Alam said:

80% of the car has a PPF wrap which looks to be at least 5 years old. I cannot tell if the PPF has degraded or the car has had a bad re-spray at some point, but the current finish on the car is terrible. I've asked the dealer to get all the PPF removed and I'll go back and inspect. If it is the PPF and the paint underneath is original and mint I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing it home. If its anything other I'm walking away.

Fingers crossed!

I saw one of these at the AMG/SEC day at MB World Brooklands at the weekend, fantastic cars. You can't beat a big Mercedes V8.
If you do buy it please do report back with your thoughts, I would be very interested to hear all about it.

MC

RJW1881 said:
Alam said:

80% of the car has a PPF wrap which looks to be at least 5 years old. I cannot tell if the PPF has degraded or the car has had a bad re-spray at some point, but the current finish on the car is terrible. I've asked the dealer to get all the PPF removed and I'll go back and inspect. If it is the PPF and the paint underneath is original and mint I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing it home. If its anything other I'm walking away.

Fingers crossed!

I've seen this and I agree, ill pop in and have a look and see what they are doing. They will get a detailer in for this.

I have drove one, a friend had one, its a riot if you like a loose end, its raw and so much fun and the noise is awesome.

lovely cars, is there a tip off on these, as for £85k are you not better off with an F430 or something?

I've seen this and I agree, ill pop in and have a look and see what they are doing. They will get a detailer in for this.

I have drove one, a friend had one, its a riot if you like a loose end, its raw and so much fun and the noise is awesome.

lovely cars, is there a tip off on these, as for £85k are you not better off with an F430 or something?[/quote]

Cheers, let me know what you think. I assume it's close to you?

I'm not really a Ferrari fan, I'm sure the F430 is an excellent car but there is just something about the stereotypical Ferrari owner that disagrees with me. The only thing worse than a fan (dreaming of owning a Ferrari) in a Ferrari cap & jacket is a plonker driving a Ferrari in full Ferrari merchandise!

RJW1881 said:

lovely cars, is there a tip off on these, as for £85k are you not better off with an F430 or something?

Cheers, let me know what you think. I assume it's close to you?

I'm not really a Ferrari fan, I'm sure the F430 is an excellent car but there is just something about the stereotypical Ferrari owner that disagrees with me. The only thing worse than a fan (dreaming of owning a Ferrari) in a Ferrari cap & jacket is a plonker driving a Ferrari in full Ferrari merchandise![/quote]

:floor:

But you'll lose shed loads on an AMG which compared to the Fezza is a volume production car. The Ferrari will hold and climb value and you don't have to look a plonker wearing Ferrari gear.

And that Ferrari V8 sound with crackles and pops is awesome if you go on a supercar run with some Italian V8's.

cheshire911 said:
But you'll lose shed loads on an AMG which compared to the Fezza is a volume production car. The Ferrari will hold and climb value and you don't have to look a plonker wearing Ferrari gear.

And that Ferrari V8 sound with crackles and pops is awesome if you go on a supercar run with some Italian V8's.

The CLK black series is one of 25 RHD UK cars, which unlike most AMG's is currently appreciating, and I expect to continue. There are roughly 500 RHD F430 coupes and even more spiders currently registered in the UK. To put it into context there are 5 times more scuderia 430's currently in the U.K. than there are CLK63 black series!

Personally I prefere the deep burble of an amg v8 opposed to the high revving scream of a Ferrari v8.

I used to have an AMG CLK - the "normal" one, obviously. I loved it. The black edition is several leagues beyond what I had though..
I think that you might just love it.

I remember watching a video of an Atom going around the 'ring. It was very quick, overtook everything in its path..
It was most impressive...
But then a CLK Black when past it at warp speed, making the Atom look stationary.

Now THAT was impressive!

You don't fancy a DTM then? :D :D :thumb:

No a fan of DTM styling or price tag!

RJW1881 said:

Was the paintwork that bad once they took the PPF off? Its still for sale?
Crash damaged in your opinion?

K

Alam said:
RJW1881 said:

Was the paintwork that bad once they took the PPF off? Its still for sale?
Crash damaged in your opinion?

K

I had it inspected by Mercedes on Monday that highlighted some issues with the suspension. The owner has now agreed to cover the cost of the necessary repairs so the ppf will come off next week and I'll go back down to check out the paint. Fingers crossed!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rwguitar
Back