Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Random alarm activation

ian_alex

Monza
Has anyone experienced occasional alarm activation for no apparent reason.
This has been happening over the last few months with the car in the garage attached to the battery conditioner.
Often happens at night which is inconvenient to say the least if you have to get up and go to deactivate it!
This is not a regular issue, seems to be every few weeks, never had any issues with alarm or electrics and battery is good and less than 2 years old.
All thoughts appreciated.

You need to get a tester on it and read out the activation and event memorys .. that will say whats at fault when its locked and whats triggering the alarm .

The common fault ( i diagnosed one today ! ) is the tilt sensor if fitted next to the battery .. the wireing corrodes and theres a modified unit you fit under the passenger seat .. or just remove it and code it off :D

Next choice would be interior monitoring .. make sure nothing can move around inside the car .. air freshners etc .

I have in the past but i can only speculate it was a low battery as i'd forgotten to switch on the trickle charger 3 months earlier during the winter.

:dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back