Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Estimated Workshop Time For Jobs

Jam911

Albert Park
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how long / how much time charged to do the following jobs.

1 Front brake line replaced.
2 Rear discs and pads replaced.
3 Clutch switch replaced.

Also having a minor service and MOT

Car goes in to an Indie on Monday.

If you have booked it in for Monday, the indy will be able to tell you what he will charge and what time he has quoted.

If you want to know official book times then best is to ring and ask OPC who will quote price and confirm the book time.

Owing to age of some of these cars, you may find a discrepancy in book times by indys versus OPC (the latter stick to book time even if it takes longer due to age of vehicle in my experience).

1/ depends which pipe .. probably around 0.5 hrs though

2/ 1.5 hrs might be charged 1.7 as its rears but rule of thumb is 1.5 hrs per axle .

3/ between 15 and 30 mins i would have thought

Minor service is 1.5 - 1.7 hrs but tends to be a fixed price .

Brake fluid change these days tends to be a fixed cost .. we used to get 0.8 hrs but indys are about £65 all in these days .

Only extra cost will be if the rear caliper bolts dont come out and inserts are needed .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back