Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 - newbie option questions

jboy

Silverstone
Hi guys - I've done about as much googling as I can but haven't managed to find the answer to these two questions! FYI I own a 2002 3.6 c2 coupe.

The first concerns egas. I noticed that there is actually an option code for this which the bonnet of my car suggests I do not have. Is it possible to have a 3.6 with the cable throttle?

Secondly, an online vin decoder suggests I have an option referred to as High Intensity Lights - but I see no corresponding code under the bonnet. I don't have Litronics but the headlights certainly seem quite good and better than I would expect a halogen to be. Were the HID lights an option or standard? Or is there no such thing and the online vin decoder is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Q1. No chance of cable throttle unless someone retro fitted it, but I suppose they'd also have to retrofit a new ECU, engine and other sensors, etc.

Have you tried looking at your throttle to see if it has either a cable or wire going to it?

alex yates said:
Q1. No chance of cable throttle unless someone retro fitted it, but I suppose they'd also have to retrofit a new ECU, engine and other sensors, etc.

Have you tried looking at your throttle to see if it has either a cable or wire going to it?

Good point! I'm not near the car so can't check now - interesting if it is egas as the throttle response is so much better than other cars I've driven and the input feels so much more direct. BMWs I own feel lazy and laggy in comparison.

Unless as Alex suggests somebody has gone to all of the trouble to retrofit a cable throttle, it will definitely be eGas. Think it was standard from 1999? Somebody with a beard and sandals will be along shortly to confirm.

As far as Litronics are concerned - if you have a height adjuster on your light-switch, you don't have litronics / HIDS.

At least - you don't have factory HIDS!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back