Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stereo blank plates

pogo

Trainee
Hi.
I have disconnected the head unit in my 996. I have removed the satnav unit, and installed a standard size stereo in its place. Problem is, I would like to remove the larger head unit altogether as it does nothing now, but cant locate a blank late to cover the hole. Has anyone seen or bought one, fairly square, around 13cm x 19cm ?

I doubt that there will be one - you would have to buy the double-din adaptor fascia, then maybe put two ISO cubby / storage things in..

Why not put a cheap & cheerful double-din head unit in where it would normally go, then you have more scope in finding something to put where the sat-nav unit was?

Or get a sheet of plastic and cut it to shape with a dremmel or something?

So you have aircon controls and a single din head unit?

Get a GT3 centre console delete kit.

Job done :thumb:

Perhaps ?

Attachments

• 996_csole11229972319_464.jpg
    996_csole11229972319_464.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,676
Stereo

It is a double din stereo I'm trying to blank, and the single DIN satnav opening I have installed the stereo.

Yes, two single din blanks, and maybe a whacking great Porsche sticker in the middle of it......

Get the single DIN type centre vent housing, move the climate control back up there, and the head unit and fit a GT3 delete kit.

Then it'll look as neat as anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back