Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Short shifter on a 996T

adamw

Thinking of doing some custom improvements to the 6T already :grin:

Considering centre console paint in body colour and whilst I'm there fitting a better shifter as standard 996 change can feel a bit "sloppy".

I've been advised by my Indy and read various posts on here suggesting the way to go would be OEM 997 short shift or 997 gt3 shifter.

I'm told the gt3 shifter will improve / shorten the throw enough to notice whilst still maintaining a nice smooth change.

Anyone have any experience of either on a 996T?
Sorry if this has been covered before but wanted current opinions.

Thanks guys
Adam

I think cheshire911 has on his. He's commented about it a few times if you do a search.

alex yates said:
I think cheshire911 has on his. He's commented about it a few times if you do a search.

Cheers Alex :thumb:

From the people ive spoken to on here and in person then most have prefered the GT3 Shifter.

Im not a driver though so cant comment about it personnely :oops:

Center consol paint .. yup .. i like them .. good thread on just how far you can go with it on the 997 forum atm .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121123

Demort said:
From the people ive spoken to on here and in person then most have prefered the GT3 Shifter.

Im not a driver though so cant comment about it personnely :oops:

Center consol paint .. yup .. i like them .. good thread on just how far you can go with it on the 997 forum atm .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=121123

Cheers Demort :thumb:

997 gt3 shifter is the way to go.

DO IT, you will not be disapointed and buck for busk a fantastic value modification...No its an improvement actually

FRP said:
997 gt3 shifter is the way to go.

DO IT, you will not be disapointed and buck for busk a fantastic value modification...No its an improvement actually

Cheers guys, liking this.
Was thinking 997 GT3 shifter anyway as quite a bit cheaper over 997 short shift and like the sound of what I'm hearing.
It definately feels different over standard 996 though because as mentioned that's quite sloppy :grin:

Any more experiences of 997 short shifter or 997 GT3 shifter on a 996T ??
Car going in to Indy tomorrow and currently thinking GT3.. :?:

Also get the 997 gearbox mounts. Apologies I don't know which particular model tho

Will be interested to hear your experience & cost when you have it done :?: Could be one for the growing list!

FRP said:
Also get the 997 gearbox mounts. Apologies I don't know which particular model tho

Ok, thanks for the tip and will consider this. However, these aren't a requirement for the GT3 shifter are they??
I'm already on mission creap with what was a visit to Indy for just new disks and pads to new disks & pads,centre console paint and new shifter :hand:

Ronam2012 said:
Will be interested to hear your experience & cost when you have it done :?: Could be one for the growing list!

Will keep this thread updated :thumb:

No the mounts are NOT a requirement for the SSK

Adam

when are you planning to do this m8; i need to get mine changed, too

Osh

FRP said:
No the mounts are NOT a requirement for the SSK

Many thanks :thumbs:

Osh said:
Adam

when are you planning to do this m8; i need to get mine changed, too

Osh

Car going to precision tomorrow Osh
Got to rush.. Lemans in under 2 weeks :grin:

Short shift on mine is ace. I've heard comments it's notchy, but I don't find that at all. Think mines a genuine one, fitted by previous owner.

Looking at the comedy throw on other cars, I'm glad I have one fitted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back