Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Central light illumination!

acme

Sao Paulo
In all the years I've had the car/been on here I don't recall seeing this one before.....

The switches by the gear stick for controlling sunroof/spoiler etc, the top bank of three seem to have a life of their own, intermittently all three fail to illuminate, and as I tend to drive with my lights on at all times these days I seem to spend most of the journey playing with it to keep them lit, and it's driving me mad! Yep, that's right 993 OCD strikes again....

I've removed them and played around with them but nothing seems to work, so, any thoughts at all folks.

The bottom three are perfect, it's just the top row.

Thanks

Sounds liek a loose wire. Do all 3 bulbs actually illuminate? If so its the feed to them or a dry joint on the PCB :dont know:

I think you can buy the PCB from OPC. I replaced all the bulbs on mine after they had blown/ceased working.

Thanks Zingers.

Yep, all three light up, it's primarily the right hand one which fails. It's odd, can go for ages and be fine.

I was fearing the board, I don't suppose given size it's easy to re-solder!

Finding a dry joint is nearly as hard as finding the 993 valuation book Jonttt uses :grin:

I'd try taking it out and giving it a look for anything obvious and then a clean of the board and connectors first. They're small but not that complicated :thumb:

I only dip in and out of the forum these days, and rarely look at value threads, but I know the craic :D

Any suggestions on what to clean with, I assume you need a special chemical etc?

They've been like it for years, and I've tried to resist the OCD, but after I bought a wiper widget frankly I've no shame left :oops:

ToreB has a DIY for the light fix Here which at least will show you how to take it apart. There isn't much to check and you might just need to heat the soldered joints to re-seal :dont know:

As you will see there is nowt to them and might be worth a call to OPC to see the replacement cost. That is of course if the fault is in the PCB and not in the connector/wiring :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back