Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT2 fixed wing

Ronam2012

Trainee
Anyone replaced the hydraulic spoiler with a fixed wing? I've seen a car with the GT2 wing which I thought looked very cool, just not sure of the pros and cons. Most seem to be replicas so the quality would be a concern. Anyone any experience of this?

There are a few in here who have fitted them. Unfortunately one rarely posts now but look up djones, he did a full GT2 replica on his Turbo.

In my own experience with replica decklids, I'd recommend getting the real thing, unless like djones you are handy and doing the work yourself.

Thanks for the link. Looks like the Misha lid is the best solution other than stock. Although clearly needs a lot of love to get it right!!

When adding a big wing it generates more downforce on the rear but can make the front lighter at high speeds.

The GT2's have balanced front and rear aero kit installations to ensure front and rear downforce is acheived at both ends to keep the car stable.

If the angle is set to give more downforce on my GT2 it loses speed at the top end and it is definitely lighter at the wheel.

So if fitting one, don't forget that more downforce scrubs speed off.

wizard993 said:
When adding a big wing it generates more downforce on the rear but can make the front lighter at high speeds.

The GT2's have balanced front and rear aero kit installations to ensure front and rear downforce is acheived at both ends to keep the car stable.

If the angle is set to give more downforce on my GT2 it loses speed at the top end and it is definitely lighter at the wheel.

So if fitting one, don't forget that more downforce scrubs speed off.

I'd imagine this is only noticeable at high speeds say over 100mph? Whilst I recognise my car is a different model I ran my car with the GT2RS rear wing before I fitted the front aero and didn't notice any difference. But I ran it at regular speeds nothing crazy. But If I was going for the install I'd certainly have balancing out on the front on my list eventually.

Thanks for the kind words isyman, still about and the car is still very much looked after... both my boys race karts now and I seem to get no time to myself anymore. Still could be worse things than being out with your boys I guess.... hope you're well...

Glad to hear you're still around DJones, I used to love reading your exploits with a paint gun!

In fact it was your thread which got me into doing my own painting and now I'm almost acceptable at it, so thank you!

Back on track with the thread, where is the best place to source a Misha lid and how much should we look at paying? You don't seem to be able to buy them on eBay and pricing is all over the place.

:thumb:

I put a GT2 wing on the back of my 996 earlier in the year.

Taken it off now in favour of a ducktail, still hanging in my garage !

I'll try and post a picture

here's a pic when the spoiler was on.

Attachments

• g2m_193.jpg
    g2m_193.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,998
ragpicker said:
Back on track with the thread, where is the best place to source a Misha lid and how much should we look at paying? You don't seem to be able to buy them on eBay and pricing is all over the place.

When I had mt C4s I looked into this and just contacted Misha direct. They took some money off. $ rate isn't great at the moment though.

ragpicker said:
Glad to hear you're still around DJones, I used to love reading your exploits with a paint gun!

In fact it was your thread which got me into doing my own painting and now I'm almost acceptable at it, so thank you!

Good stuff great to hear you're having a crack at painting, quite therapeutic when it all comes together....

I ordered direct from Misha, not the best customer service but we got there in the end...

markrnorton said:
here's a pic when the spoiler was on.

I can see why you took that off. Looks daft on a narrow body and non turbo or gt2.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back