Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 fuel and oil consumption

mzmini

Barcelona
I know that this is a delicate subject but after well over 2,000 miles to the South of France and back in the 911 with temperatures up to 30c I got brave and checked the oil and it had used under 1/2 a litre of oil and according to the fuel computer we had averaged 29.4 MPG a lot was motorway work at around 125 KPH with a 100 mile play with a Ferrari at 150 KPH then some time in the Alps
not too shabby I thought . :thumb:

Sterling work Sir ! Gold star and a tick ....29.4 MPG is great, best I've done on medium-long runs is 24.9 compared to 23 around town. I'm looking to beat that when I have a longer motorway run later this week.

Similar-ish experience in mine following our recent Dinslaken trip which took us down to Strasbourg across to Stuttgart before up to Dinslaken and back home. No oil used according to the gauge, still at the full reading, but a few mpg less than yours. Mine being 4WD and a cab, each costs a couple of mpg I reckon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back