Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of a GT4

seanyboy

Hi, Im pretty new here and I'm thinking of getting a GT4.

I was wanting a gen 2 gt3 but only discovered how hard it is to obtain these cars.

Anyway a gt3 caught my eye but there seems to be a few up for sale at varying prices, what should i be looking out for?

Im selling a couple of fords to part fund it which is proving harder than i imagined to part with them.

GT4 or GT3 :dont know: If the former there is a thread on PH that 'maps' the market and talks of what spec to buy - Here.

In reality it depends what you want it for. I wouldn't want one without Sat Nav (even thought it's shoite) and ideally dual zone climate. PCM bluetooth is a minimum.

Not fussed on carbon seats if I was more long distance drive focussed and I'd want a loud colour :thumb: PCCB nice to have but don't justify the price increment and I reckon down the line buyers will be nervous as they get older given the costs they can be to change.

Personally I don't like the colour/decals combo. Yes it's low miles but it will be where the others are if you intend driving it as clearly the owner of this one didn't being a speculator.

For the track? Then yes clubsport may be a decider for you. It wouldn't be for me as I'd spend most time on the road.

There are a lot being sold though OPC at that money or less and that's who I'd be buying from. Yes I know less than 3yrs and has manufacturer warranty but I wouldn't wnat any issues and want to keep it in the network.

I'd have taken a punt on Smee's 9k car that was SOR though OPC if he'd have taken £80k but I think it sold for just shy of £85k having dropped from £89k :roll:

Thank you for your reply.

Tbh it was the colour combo that i liked about it, id never considered a GT4 until i seen it as always had my heart set on a GT3.

The car would mainly be used as a weekend toy so rarely used, it was always the clubsport pack i liked with the gt3 and liked it in this.

Looking at others i do feel its quite highly priced and Im beginning to understand best buying from an opc as it will possibly give me a chance of getting the car i really want one day.

There is no shortage of cars out there to choose from and paying over £10k more than the cheapest main dealer GT4 seems utterly bonkers from where I am sitting. JZM have one in black £8k less than that which is also sub-500 miles too. :dont know:

Yeah I agree. Ive had time to think and its really a GT3 i want so I'm just going to hang off and save a bit more and get one of those.
i think otherwise it would just eat away at me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back