Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kline 100 or 200 Cell

marconorth

Monza
Guys I'm going to replace my old droney aftermarket exhaust system (which is a 200 Cell i think) with a Kline.

Can anyone enlighten me to what the real life differences are between a 100 and 200 Cell system plz?

I can get hold of either
Cheers M

Hi

I cant help you with 100 and 200 cat differences

But Kline can and do make a catless version that LOOKS like it has cats so all good for the old annual inspection ??? I have gone catless on a 996 turbo and can reccomend it ?

But don't you need 200 cell to definitely pass emissions? 100 might but 200 will? If the plan is to swap back in original cats for MOT i would go for straight through cat-less pipes...

Robx said:
But don't you need 200 cell to definitely pass emissions? 100 might but 200 will? If the plan is to swap back in original cats for MOT i would go for straight through cat-less pipes...

Exactly Robx. Would the 100Cell set up definitely pass emissions?

Mine passes MOT !

My Kline with 100 Cell cats passes the Mot, it has extensions on the lambda sensors to back them off an inch from the flow - I assume this is to help with emission readings?

100 cell too quiet though - thinking of going decat :D

vlad said:
My Kline with 100 Cell cats passes the Mot, it has extensions on the lambda sensors to back them off an inch from the flow - I assume this is to help with emission readings?

100 cell too quiet though - thinking of going decat :D

I think the addition of the extensions means there is zero chance of the DME throwing a Check Engine Light

I have 200 cell on my 996T, love,love, love it!

No idea about the MOT as it's not had one with this system fitted yet. Turbo spools quicker, the car seems a lot livelier with it on. The sound is fantastic! At high revs/boost you can just hear a rush of gas but I gather that 100 cell is better sounding at high rpm. Decat must be 'kin loud :grin:

I have very limited experience here but a 200 cell will pass as long as its running perfectly , even a small running problem can make it fail and you tend to have to get them pretty hot to pass ...

I was under the impression that a 100 cell would probably not pass but if you guys have them and they do then thats good enough for me .. i only have a small amount of experience with the 200 and so far thats been trying to get them to pass.

200 cell fitted here, very happy with sound. Chose because been in a 997 Turbo with one fitted didn't want issues with MOT but it appears the 100 cell are OK , email Kline they are very helpful .

My 2p , 200 cell will pass an mot no issues, 100 cell might pass but you need to get the engine good and warm for your best chance at passing. If you are mainly after a much more meaty sound and are not chasing extra bhp then
leave your cats alone and add a set of muffler delete pipes as this is after the lambdas there's no mot issues.
if you looking for sound but your cats are knackered then buy second hand units and then do the deletes pipe mod.
if you want more bhp and sound then get 200cell big bore xpipe or crossovers your choice and also fit the muffer delete . this will pass mots and be LOUD LOUD :grin: :grin:
if you want even more then get a set of stainless equal length headers as well the merge collector in the equal length headers will give you those nice crackles and pops .

That's my thoughts on sorting the 997.1 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
My 2p , 200 cell will pass an mot no issues, 100 cell might pass but you need to get the engine good and warm for your best chance at passing. If you are mainly after a much more meaty sound and are not chasing extra bhp then
leave your cats alone and add a set of muffler delete pipes as this is after the lambdas there's no mot issues.
if you looking for sound but your cats are knackered then buy second hand units and then do the deletes pipe mod.
if you want more bhp and sound then get 200cell big bore xpipe or crossovers your choice and also fit the muffer delete . this will pass mots and be LOUD LOUD :grin: :grin:
if you want even more then get a set of stainless equal length headers as well the merge collector in the equal length headers will give you those nice crackles and pops .

That's my thoughts on sorting the 997.1 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers Phil
I'm not prepared to mess on with the exhaust and cats that are already fitted, I'd much prefer to start a fresh with a complete Kline set up & perhaps sell on the aftermarket system currently fitted for small £.
Re the crackles n pops.....Thats exactly what i don't want! :oops:
Been there done that in the past & I've come to the conclusion that i much prefer understated.
Its probably an age thing :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back