Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phil 997's new C4S pt2 - now collected

Phil 997

Today I collected my new Gen2 Aqua C4S with lots of mods on it already lol.
already calculated this will save me at least 10k in mods but there is still enough bits left to do for it to be fun playing.

So First job was to borescope my old car and the new gen2 , pleased to say both were spot on with no issues.

second job to change the oil to Millers 10w50 after a conversation with Grant at Hartech on the phone the other day about whats a good option for the GEN 2 his words before anyone misconstrues were "if it were my car I would run it on millers 10w50 " that was all I needed to hear.

third job sort the black struts and take off the silver which had been done already as they knew I was putting my dark alloys on the car. then change the alloys over and put my old ones on the new car front fits perfect with no spacers on it the rears need a bit more spacing so will take my porsche 5mm ones off and fit maybe 12mm or 15mm ones to get the stance right, interestingly the turbo 11 alloys looked nice on my old car and need 5mm spacers on the front but nothing on the rear .

Last job dont let funny guy with a dirty cloth clean the car at the indy, take straight to valet of choice lol.

Lastly fill with vmax and hoon home.

My initial drive and observations.
the gen2 is a very nice engine and with the mods if felt very quick , I did feel the power steering was a bit light and missed my 4" underdrive pulley mod done on the old car as that slightly stiffens the power steering and makes the car feel more controlled.
the exhaust is very loud on loud and just loud on off , love the crackles and pops you get with a manual over tip with sports exhaust.
No I didnt press the sport button YET lol
the SSK is very short and a bit notchy so I will be changing that to a GT3 or RS shifter with the steel bearings and slightly longer throw than a full SSK.
The CLUTCH well I am getting used to it ,not helped by the very short ssk

Notes to remember when changing from auto to manual
When on hill use handbrake lol
when parking use handbrake or risk running over own children :oops: :roll:
when stopping remember to use the funny third pedal thingy or the car will stall :floor: :eek: :oops:
when trying to start a manual especially after stalling (only once in fuel station) dont do what you do to start a tip and put your foot on the brake then turn the key :dont know: :eek: coz nowt will happen :grin:
remember to do as car tells you and put foot on clutch to start the car :grin: :) .
when sitting at a junction dont be tempted to finally be able to rev the car and get a nice exhaust note :grin: :grin: :grin: :bandit:

:thumb:

Watching with interest!

Nice one phil but where's the photos :food:

Exactly phil - wheres the pics you know the rules..... :hand:

:useless:

Phil, now you know better............

:floor: I know but for some reason my pc isnt loading the pics like it used to and is trying to open them in word , trying to sort it and will post pics asap lol. :thumb:

pics :thumb: phew sorted :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1513_212.jpg
    img_1513_212.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1514_171.jpg
    img_1514_171.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1515_209.jpg
    img_1515_209.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1516_976.jpg
    img_1516_976.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1517_136.jpg
    img_1517_136.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1518_140.jpg
    img_1518_140.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1519_132.jpg
    img_1519_132.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 7,604
  • img_1520_588.jpg
    img_1520_588.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 7,604
I can't wait to see and hear it. :grin:

What mods have they done to it Phil and what bhp is it putting out Phil?

the dark wheels and dark struts pull it all together very nicely phil

Excellent wheel choice

img_1520_588.jpg

:thumb:

Looking good there Phil :thumb:

The dark struts look much better, the wing is growing.........................on me :thumb:

Looks loads better with the wheels Phil.

Is there a ducktail under the top spoiler ?

CarreraMonkey said:
I can't wait to see and hear it. :grin:

What mods have they done to it Phil and what bhp is it putting out Phil?

Matt a lot of similar mods as I did on my old car but still enough left to be fun playing

GT3 throttle body
BMC sports filters
regal motorsports remap
cargraphics full race exhaust,valved with 200cell cats rear muffler Xpipe Delete GT3 centre outlet and tips

It's been on a rolling road and got dyno readings of 400bhp I need 409BHP to be more than the powerkit on a 997 GTS but know exactingly what extra can be done to get me there , There is a bit more on the induction, They weren't running it on VMAX and a few other things I am thinking about.
There are big gains in the low mid range.

other none performance related mods
lowered 20mm
genuine GT3RS front and rear bumpers
aftermarket carbon fibre GT3RS style rear wing
Short shift kit

There's probably other bits I just haven't found them yet

All in all its a very nice car and I am pleased with it, despite the extra calories used to use that funny third pedal thingy. :grin: :grin: :thumb:

kurlykris said:
Looking good there Phil :thumb:

The dark struts look much better, the wing is growing.........................on me :thumb:

Funny you say that Kris , with the dark struts it looks so much better and I am also starting to like it . amazing what a small tweak can do to change something :thumb: loosing the shiny struts and wheels has made a big difference :grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back