Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSE not working or just me?!

Seventy Seven

Barcelona
Hi

Need to check properly tomorrow morning before calling OPC, but thought I would seek thoughts in the meantime.

Had service etc done at OPC, including new spark plugs, which required exhaust removal for access.

When I collected, the PSE did not seem to be working as it usually does.

Mine normally is loud at start and then non-PSE a few seconds later. This seems not to be happening anymore and there seems little difference when I push the PSE buttton....

Could they have forgetton to connect or plug something in? Or is it just me...

Otherwise an awesome service, so hoping all is ok.

It is quite noticeable when PSE stops working - I had several issues with mine.

There is a plug in the engine compartment - from memory it's the brown one on the right hand side (not sure why it would have been disconnected though).

It could be that one (or both) of your actuators have failed - best way to check is to stand behind your car and get someone to start it and switch PSE on/off and check what's happening at the tail pipes.

Very possible the vacumn pipe has been left off of one side , or has come off .. that would stop both sides from working.

Operate the exhaust at idle and you should hear the note of the exhaust change .

Thanks guys.

Did check the plug, but this would leave PSE on all the time; and as you say, why would they disconnect that.

Have tried at idle this morning and defo no change :?

Will call OPC .......

Good to know there could be a reason such as vacuum pipe; albeit annoying if this got missed!

You guys are good!

So, they forgot to connect the vacuum pipe :x However, they were very apologetic and Joe at OPC Tonbridge was brilliant.

They offered to collect and drop back, but I took the opportunity for a drive out in the sun too :D

Sorted in 10 minutes and was given £50 of vouchers to spend on Porsche gifts :)

Happy to have her back to sounding as she should.

Thanks all :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back