Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phil 997's new C4S

Phil 997

Le Mans
A very brief update , I will do a full thread when I collect it.

I have had my eye on the manual GEN2 4S in Aqua with the GT3RS style kit that Brookspeed had. It was their prototype at doing an RSR type of thing. Their intention after several years running a car in the carrera cup was to transfer their motorsport knowledge to a road car and has had the best of everything done to it inc genuine bumpers cargraphic full race exhaust (ready for dinslaken 2018 lol) etc. rolling road at close to GTS bhp (I know I can get it over that lol) I like the fact its an aggressive look but not badged as something its not eg GT3RS ,the only way to get that look is to use some of those parts though in the same way the aero kit mimics the GT3 . I am going to try and live with the huge rear wing if I cant then I will change it to the GT3 one with 3.8 on the side panels.
There were very few shy retiring wall flower types like me that would venture into such a modified car, which meant I just had to wait until the price came into my budget which finally it did. So in Matts words "I jumped on it" lol . I am transferring my alloys to it as it doesnt look right on turbo2s.

I do realise that its not everyones cup of tea as its so modified but many of you will know that I did just about every mod you can do to my gen 1 so I like these types of cars.

Brookspeed have done all the work and mods on my gen1 so were happy to take mine in px subject to it passing a check on Thursday , but as they said they know the car and don't expect any nasties.

here's just a few pics.

Attachments

• img_20141109_00879_182.jpg
    img_20141109_00879_182.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 5,641
  • img_20141109_00877_103.jpg
    img_20141109_00877_103.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5,641
  • img_20141109_00876_140.jpg
    img_20141109_00876_140.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5,641
  • img_20141109_00880_193.jpg
    img_20141109_00880_193.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5,641
  • img_20141109_00884_142.jpg
    img_20141109_00884_142.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5,641
  • img_20141030_02254_197.jpg
    img_20141030_02254_197.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 5,641
love the colour phil and the kit looks very well finished and you are going to get a few imprezas trying to race you with that spoiler mate :thumb:
Agree it will look good with your other wheels too

She looks sweet Phil :thumb:

Have you got a new tin of green paint at the ready :?:

kurlykris said:
She looks sweet Phil :thumb:

Have you got a new tin of green paint at the ready :?:

:floor: :floor: I will add my own touch but not sure about acid green this time :thumb:

thanks gents for your comments , :thumb: :thumb:

I think that looks seriously aggressive and I like it!
Well done to you on the purchase. :thumb:

Look forwards to hearing some sound clips of that exhaust system.

Congratulations Phil, enjoy !

Very nice....Surely everything has to be "carboned" to suit a style with those exterior bits...

Can we open a book on how many "upgrades" are applied before simply ? :thumb:

I think if the spoiler supports were anodised black it would look even better! :thumb:

:thumbs: Love it, looking forward to seeing it :thumb:

Wow! Congratulations :thumb:

BlackTurbo said:
I think that looks seriously aggressive and I like it!
Well done to you on the purchase. :thumb:

Look forwards to hearing some sound clips of that exhaust system.

BT there's an amusing story behind the exhaust , I took it for a test drive and it sounded good very much like the 200 cells set up I have on my gen1 , so I thought well that's good it sounds nice and I arrived back at Brookspeed gave it a few revs as you do to listen to the exhaust note from outside as there was no excessive noise or Renaissance from inside during the test drive. Suddenly one of the techs ran out of the workshop straight under the engine lid did a tweak then turned to me and said " Sorry I had switched the valvetronics off as the guys kept reving it everytime it was brought into the unit and he wanted them to stop". I looked puzzled as it had sounded very much like my gen1s sports set up which had been measured three weeks earlier at dinslaken as 133.9db " go ahead and rev it again as its switched now to loud on the remote " So I reved it :eek: :eek: THE GATES OF HELL OPENED . well that was it cheque book in hand off I went to pay :grin: :grin: :grin:

It's lovely car Phil, it looks the nuts and I bet it sounds amazing! Congrats!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back