Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 C2S tyres - advice needed

Nik

Sao Paulo
Hi all... for anyone who has recently changed tyres, what's the current recommendation on tyre choice ?

Am i right in thinking the correct rear size for 19s is 305/30/19?

Many thanks in advance for any views!

Michelin PS4S for me. Just rebooted mine and they're ace. Not N rated though so if Porsche warranty is a consideration you might like to choose something else. Loads of choice and forum debate btw. Research it and see what's for you.

Nik said:
Hi all... for anyone who has recently changed tyres, what's the current recommendation on tyre choice ?

C2S comes with 295 section tyres. C4S comes with 305 as standard

s70rjw said:
Nik said:

C2S comes with 295 section tyres. C4S comes with 305 as standard

plus 2 :agree: :yeah:

Ahhhh. So the Michelin site was wrong.

Or maybe I was incompetent at using it!!!

Definitely 295s on the rear of mine.
I have continentals all round and they are N rated. They aren't quite as good a sports tyre but definitely a good all rounder for road use. Much better than Pirelli but if you track I would choose something else

I have continentals all round and they are N rated. They aren't quite as good a sports tyre but definitely a good all rounder for road use. Much better than Pirelli but if you track I would choose something else

Formula 1 Autocentres are doing price match with online retailers if there are any near you.

I got 2x Pzero 295/30/19 fitted for £400 last month. (Would have liked to try Michelin but got loads of tread on front Pzeros and don't want to mismatch front to rear)

Wow. That seems like a cracking deal.

I wasn't sure what people are going for between Bridgestone / P-Zero / Conti / Michelin ?

James M-S said:
Formula 1 Autocentres are doing price match with online retailers if there are any near you.

I got 2x Pzero 295/30/19 fitted for £400 last month. (Would have liked to try Michelin but got loads of tread on front Pzeros and don't want to mismatch front to rear)

Do Michelin do an N-rated tyre ?

I have Bridgestones on all corners (295 rears) and very happy. Much better the the pzeros IMO, less slippy and longer lasting.

Thanks Nigel. Good feedback and helps settle the debate.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back